Wheel ID anyone?

Michael Miller

I have seen this rims on a 8th gen, and I really like them. Can anyone ID these exact rims?

32007420015_medium.jpg

Thanks!!!

Your awesome and that was freaking FAST!

Thanks a bunch. P.s., are the wheels any good? I'm not really a racer, so super light weight is not a great issue. I do live where potholes are abundant too.

i've never personally owned a set so i can't tell u from experience. they seem pretty decent though.

159.jpg

photo from jmurray192

I do not see that user, jmurry192, on this site. Is that from another site?

I wanted to ask what size wheels those are? I am looking to got to 19inch from the stock 17inch to fill the gap a bit better.

Ah cool. If that was the specif size of the wheels on the car pictured above, then that's good. I was hoping they were not 19in for reference on my car. There is a lot of rubber and still a big gap. Thanks!

P.s. - - - Does anyone have any good shots of this rim as 19inch on 2012 Civic Si or maybe something similar? These "wheel visualizers", if they even have a 2012 model listed, aren't very good. They always have giant rubber tires on them.

Thanks again everyone!

I have seen those ride many times. I was in love with those Rotiform's.... till I saw the price. I also believe that there is drop on the Tenji. I would love to see 19's on the stock springs.

The Fox Marketing car is bad *** too. I was also in love with the 20" Vossen's, untill I checked the price. I mean, If was in to taking my ride to shows, I'd spend that kinda money. Buts its my daily driver that I just want to be nice looking and fun to drive. I love that big, con-caved 5 spoke though. I wish I could find an alternative that wouldn't break the bank. I like how they added the rear fender bump out. It was all put together here in my state of PA.

To get the concave look you need the offset to be as low as possible. Granted you can only go so far/wide until your rim is poking out of your fender area. If you're looking for some comfort in your daily, I'd stick to 18's or under.

Any reason you want to see it on stock springs? The fender gap would be identical to the stock setup. Upsizing to 19 or whatever size rims just reduces the amount of sidewall on the tire. The tire itself is the same size to the stock. If you alter that, your speedometer won't be correct. That make sense?

Yes, that makes sense. I guess I was really thinking that out with the speedometer issue. I would like some comfort for sure. I just traded in my KIA Forte for that exact reason. The suspersion was so stiff, it was unbearable. The car rattled apart. The Civic Si ride is so soft in comparison. I love it. I should have gotten the 18" HFP when I got it. I really liked them. They just seemed pricey. But after looking around, the "$99" wheels usually aren't that great looking. Plus you gotta buy tires too.

you could always plastidip your wheels black if you wanted a change for a while?
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/how-to-plasti-dip-your-wheels.4345/

quite a few people have aftermarket 17's. It saves from having to buy another set of tires, and whatnot. I don't know if you plan on running a set of rims for the winter, and another in the summer, but you'll have the expense of tpms sensors as well. Each time you swap between summer/winter you'll need to have the tire sensors reprogrammed by honda, or have a warning light on your dash.

explanation throughout this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/tpms-sensor-meltdown.4042/

I do like the stock wheels, and yes I would just keep them for a winter set. The salt and potholes around here are vicious. So I would buy new tires for a second rim set. And like you mentioned, another one time fee of $130 extra for another TPMS on the second set would have to be paid for.

Not sure if I am into plasti dipping or not. Seems like it would look cheezy.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/r...ivic-show-me-some-pics.3815/page-3#post-64115

not only do you have the cost of the tpms sensors, you'll have to pay the dealership anywhere from like $40-100 twice a year to reset the tpms when you switch from summer/winter wheels. Your ecu only holds 1 set of tpms sensors in the memory. So when you swap wheels, it's going to throw the tpms light on your dash until you have them reset by honda. It's the unavoidable issue with having 2 sets of rims with tpms sensors.

Oooh. I thought you meant having them reprogrammed after I swapped them back onto other rims, not that each set needs programmed. That stinks. Which in reality, wouldn't it cost to have the rubber flipped back and forth as well?

If you're sharing 1 set of tires between 17" rims, yes. You'll pay around $80 to have the set mounted/balanced each time. If you bought aftermarket rims with another set of tires, you'd just be undoing the lug nuts and swapping the oem set for the aftermarket set. That you could do by yourself with the jack that even comes with the car. You'd still have to have the tpms sensors reset by honda each time in either scenario though.

Definitely seems worth it to have 2 sets all together (or just one, lol). Only need TPMS programming and a little elbow grease.

Back