Where to find Type R Seats

Have you tried contacting a Honda dealer in Europe or Japan?

Have you tried contacting a Honda dealer in Europe or Japan?
I have thought about doing this conversion as well since I really like the styling and more bucket-y shape of the seats in the Type-R Euro; I think the newer Si seats are ugly. Since that production model is not being sold in the states, neither are the parts, so you would have to order them from Europe. That leaves the question of whether or not they can bolt right in, or if you need Euro rails and seat wiring harnesses to make it work since they use different parts over there, which is something I could never find an answer to and hence why I haven't done the conversion yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have thought about doing this conversion as well since I really like the styling and more bucket-y shape of the seats in the Type-R Euro; I think the newer Si seats are ugly. Since that production model is not being sold in the states, neither are the parts, so you would have to order them from Europe. That leaves the question of whether or not they can bolt right in, or if you need Euro rails and seat wiring harnesses to make it work since they use different parts over there, which is something I could never find an answer to and hence why I haven't done the conversion yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yeah I get you!!!! But I'm looking also at the all red type r seats but in eBay UK they are basically all dirty etc. I'm looking where I could buy them in great condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also thinking about the airbag system in the seats!!! So I might just get the same seats redone on red or something amongs that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of shipping seats to Puerto Rico will probably be as bad as the price of the seats themselves. Once people start wrecking them, you could potentially find some through a junk yard. They still may end up being well over a thousand per seat without shipping (and that's if the air bags in the seats haven't gone off).

I'm also thinking about the airbag system in the seats!!! So I might just get the same seats redone on red or something amongs that

I would hit up a Honda dealer in the UK to ask about availability, pricing, and fitment issues. While they like to use different parts, they are still incredibly similar to our American models; a knowledgeable parts tech should be able to tell you if they are compatible across several of the Euro models or not, which would be a good indication of whether or not they will fit your car without much issue, and then see if they will ship them overseas for you. I mean, you might as well take advantage of the dollar-to-pound conversion rate while you can!

It basically comes down to seat brackets and wiring. You will def need to, at least, swap seat brackets and maybe custom mount them to the seat bottoms. Wiring.....that's the big question. Could be completely different, you just never know.

Back