which fuse to tap?

DiogoDC

woodbridge
Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
planning on installing some footwell lights for the front of my 13 sedan but i wanna tap into a fuse that will illuminate the lights with my map and dome lights or when the car is opened idunno which to tap into havent had any luck decided to ask those who have had more experiance
keep in mind i dont have a switch to turn them on or off so its literally my only option before just tapping something like ignition and buying a switch

You could always wire in a switch to be able to control it. One option is to wire it to your headlamp switch. That way they come on anytime you're using your lights at night. If you just hook it into your dome/map, it'd only be on when you open/close the door, or run the map light. I don't know if that's really what you're after?

I wish I could find it for you but jashiro asked the same thing.... I found a post on a alarm install site tthat listed a possible fuse/wiring clip harness that has the dome light wires. Tapping those would give you thus illumination when you unlock or open the doors.

Dome Supervision pink - below dash fuse box, white 4 pin plug, pin 1

There found it! Sorry about the Multics posts. Tapatalk is not cooperating at the moment. Try those wires if you want to. I d suggest pulling the clip and see if the dome light goes off. Then you'll know if they are correct before you do anything

okay big big isse with that post... it answers my question but i wanna fuse tap not wire tap i wanted to avoid that in case i wanted to remove the lighting in the future

So am I correct that you do not want them on at any point besides the doors being open/closed? You don't want to be able to switch them at any point, and you don't want footwell lighting when you drive?

In that configuration, you'd either need to solder or use a t-tap to hook into the wire. You can always remove a t-tap, but that is your call.

T-tap the two wires. Its easy, fast, and semi reverseable. That's how I did mine. Just use the smallest taps you can. I think the wires are pretty thin already. Ill take some pics for you tomorrow of how I did mine. Its an 8th gen but once you have the correct wires it should be the same.

I ran two of these strips, one in each foot well. I like that they have multiple connection points so if you find a great spot to mount it, you don't have to worry about plugging into one of the ends or running excessively long wires. I also picked up some extra jumpers, the small section with the white connectors and spliced in some longer wires to reach behind the center console to connect to the passenger side strip. The white clips are nice too since you can just super glue them in place and slip the strip into them to hold it.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/side-emitting/flb-x30-series-flexible-led-light-bar/125/

if you do take from the dome lights and use the existing slow, make sure you up the amperage on the fuse you are using (7.5A to 10A etc)

Back