Which lowering springs to get?

Journey

Vehicle Model
Honda Civic
Body Style
Sedan
I'm planning on getting 8th gen springs + 8th gen upper isolators for my 9th gen. I heard it works.

Which brand of 8th gen springs should i go with? I want a decent drop. Not too low, also a difference from stock height.

this is current stock height:

Attachments

• IMG653.jpg
    IMG653.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
u can go with eibach pro kit for 8th gens they be lower then the pro kit for the 9thgens

Any specific amount you want to lower it? There are a ton of brands/options for the 8th. Look at Corsport, procivic, wesellcarparts ..and add like 1/4" to the drop it advertises. It'll be lower on the 9th.

Just out of curiosity which companies have released springs for the 9th gen yet?

Other than having to switch out the rear isolaters is there any real reason not to get 8th gen springs? I'm thinking it would be temporary for about a year or so. I wanna put ksport coilovers on but need to save a few bucks and besides they aren't out yet either.

Using 8th springs on the 9th, overall the car sits lower than the 8th but the rear sits a tad higher, if that makes any since.. :wigglesmiley:

Yeah so it wouldn't sit even, but it will be lower than what an 8th gen would accomplish. Is there any preference between brand? I was looking at eibach, but I've heard good things about tein as well.

I dunno how low you wanna go but I "think" the Eibach pro-kit for the 9th is avail. now..

Yeah so it wouldn't sit even, but it will be lower than what an 8th gen would accomplish. Is there any preference between brand? I was looking at eibach, but I've heard good things about tein as well.
Personally I really like the swift spec r springs I got a lot, though the front springs do chatter a bit. RedShiftChris informed me though earlier this week, Swift is looking into it..

Buy some clear vinyl tubing at home depot and wrap it around the closer coils of the springs. Helped silence my sportlines. I'm sure it'll take care of your noise too.

Yea I just couldn't stand the noise. I kept thinking something was wrong so I was determined to figure out what it was. I checked and double-checked everything, and after a little while I noticed the paint on the springs was showing signs of contact between the coils. I wrapped em and it's been as quiet as stock ever since.

Yea I triple checked my setup, I prolly should do something about it but i'm gonna wait to see if Swift offers anything first.. What size diam. tubing you go w/?

I don't remember what size. It's been a while. I just bought one that looked about right and split it open and wrapped the coils where they were touching. Secured it with zip ties. Haha. By then I had taken the suspension part so many times I was too lazy to pull the springs. But it worked just fine with the zip ties. Haha

You guys think Tein is a good brand?

Quite a few members had tein on the previous civic. Corsport is running tein on their 2012 civic si project car currently.

Quite a few members had tein on the previous civic. Corsport is running tein on their 2012 civic si project car currently.

is it a good drop? Any pics of 9th sedans on 8th gen Tein springs?

Back