Who makes a good replacement filter for in the car?

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
I know there is a cabin filter and one more. Who makes a decent one as my filters need of replacing.

there are a lot of them-I suggest buying three at a time, some of them are scented too.:shady:

I know there is a cabin filter and one more. Who makes a decent one as my filters need of replacing.

I still use OEM-swap Fram brand filters for everything, since we always seem to have them on hand in Dad's shop. If you'd like a more permanent filter, K&N makes a set for the 9th gen Civic that's pretty nice.

Pros For K&N:
-Permanent, just blow them out with compressed air when they get dirty.
-Better airflow for performance

Cons for K&N:
- More airflow also means more dirt in the engine over time.

Pros for Fram:
-OEM Swap-in
-Better Filtration than K&N

Cons for Fram:
-Not Permanent
-Less Airflow

Cabin Filter #1: Fram CF10134 for Civic 2.4L Si
Cabin Filter #2: K&N VF2001 for Civic 2.4L Si

Air/Intake Filter #1: Fram CA10359 for Civic 2.4L Si
Air/Intake Filter #2: K&N 33-2473 for Civic 2.4L Si

I'm 90% sure these are the right part numbers-- but please double check them before you pick them up to make sure.

Hope this helps!

[SIZE=5]@sunofwolf[/SIZE]

187v5l.jpg

Cabin Filter #1: Fram CF10134 for Civic 2.4L Si
Cabin Filter #2: K&N VF2001 for Civic 2.4L Si

Air/Intake Filter #1: Fram CA10359 for Civic 2.4L Si
Air/Intake Filter #2: K&N 33-2473 for Civic 2.4L Si

Calm down.

ok, I didn't see you listed both air filter and cabin filter. one point added.

I like using the K&N cabin filter and drop in air filter. Another thing to add is be careful on buying oiled filters as they pollute the MAF and will require constant cleaning.

ok so I installed the fram cabin filter and when I turn the fan on there is a vibration. Does anyone know what could have happened?

Is the filter loose in the frame? Maybe the wrong filter?

I can not see in side. not fit my hand in to feel. should i get a compress air can and shoot it in there?

You can drop it out to look inside and clean it easier. I believe it is only 3 screws that hold it in.

ok so I installed the fram cabin filter and when I turn the fan on there is a vibration. Does anyone know what could have happened?

What kind of vibration and where? You could have a leaf in the fan.

I actually had a very similar issue the same week I got my car. I ended up taking it back in and they said that there was debris (leaves and shiz) in there between the fan and filter areas.

I actually had a very similar issue the same week I got my car. I ended up taking it back in and they said that there was debris (leaves and shiz) in there between the fan and filter areas.
I took it out slowly and put the new one in. blah56

Back