Wife's New 2013 Kia Optima

piropal

Columbia, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Traded in the Wife's 2008 Lexus IS 250 for a 2013 Kia Optima, and I am surprised how much of an upgrade it feels like! The turbo charged engine is pretty quick, and the interior is Super Nice!

IMG_20130404_183912_887.jpg

IMG_20130404_184110_831.jpg

Congrats! Optima is a surprising car. Test drove one as well, I loved the interior and space but it was not for me. Both me and my wife like small MT zippy cars eitherwise a pretty good choice and good value.

I think I've seen 3 white ones in the last week....but I've never seen it in blue. Congrats on the pickup

It was looking like she was going to wind up in a MT 2013 Genesis coupe R-spec, but we looked at a 5 Door WRX and the Optima today, and she fell in love with the Kia, it also helped that the Sales person made us a deal we just couldn't refuse lol.

I think I've seen 3 white ones in the last week....but I've never seen it in blue. Congrats on the pickup
Thanks Webby, the Sale person said the Blue is the rarest because they only make them in the SX version.

I test drove the optima turbo. It was far better than my (then new) '09 maxima

Nice car, congrats

My wife was looking at a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 With Nav in Still Night Pearl and manual trans. Then we we were told that you cant get it with m/t. That blue looks really close to SNP, may have to look.

Kia has come along way in recent years, well since they hired that new designer, sorry i don't recall his name. But all of the cars that he has redesigned are really nice looking cars

Kia and Hyundai both have really nice looking cars now.

Your wife's Optima is very nice....and a really nice color. ;)

I will say one thing about Kia,a lady at work bought a brand new optima and about. 4 months later it was blowing bluish smoke slightly.we told her to take it in immediately which she did.turns out they just gave her a new car,exact same model for zero charge and took care of everything! Even called her insurance with all new info.car must have been really f'd up to do that but a real impressive move by them.

Traded in the Wife's 2008 Lexus IS 250 for a 2013 Kia Optima, and I am surprised how much of an upgrade it feels like! The turbo charged engine is pretty quick, and the interior is Super Nice!

IMG_20130404_183912_887.jpg

IMG_20130404_184110_831.jpg
Did you powdercoat you rims on that si?

My wife was looking at a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 With Nav in Still Night Pearl and manual trans. Then we we were told that you cant get it with m/t. That blue looks really close to SNP, may have to look.
You have to go to the EX in the coupe 4cyl to get the manual transmission. In the V6 coupe, you can get the EX-L with or without nav in a manual.

So you can get the EX-L in SNP with nav and V6 with Manual? Hmmm. She will be giving up her 09' Impreza. The thing that is holding her back is she likes the hill start assist. We don't have hills, so this is confusing to me, but what ever. I told her thats what the E-brake is for. :turbopokesmiley:

So, when you go to Hondas site to build your own, when you select the couple, thenEX-L V6 with nav and manual, then you go to colors, SNP is not there. Am I missing something?

Disregard...it's only made in an auto v6 for that color. That is messed up

She won't go back to an auto either, even with paddle shift. She also doesn't like the look of the new Imprezas and the colors this year are lame, so thats out. I was looking at the FR-S/ BRZ cars, but no back seat. Suxx when you have 3 kids (twin 13yr olds and a 5yr old) and need to go somewhere. Sure ain't taking the F350 anywhere far. So, back to looking I guess. Good thing is, we don't have to buy a car anytime soon.

As more and more people just refuse to learn how to drive manual, let alone keep there eyes on the road. To busy texting, that would take away from their touchscreen.

Back