Will my trunk leak??

Michael Perez

Miami, FL
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
In order to stop my trunk from rattling (subwoofer in the trunk) this plan seemed to work perfectly. However today I noticed that my trunk didn't close as much as I had originally thought. I think the angle of the picture below exaggerates the gap, but will my trunk leak? There hasn't been any rain since the install. The seal on the trunks seems to com in contact with the lid when I close it but it's hard to tell.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Simple, just cut/grind/etc. a wee bit at a time off of your rubber thingys, till you get a compromise between rattle and closure.

As far as if it will leak, it's hard to tell from here, but having looked at my trunk, the design is to funnel water off the back window and around the trunks lid, so normally I'd say it would take a blast from from a rain, where hitting it with a washing wand in the wrong direction might prove fatal, wet wise.

Wash your car (trunk) and lets all find out together :D
Good idea.... to go along with this, maybe have someone(w/gf/f/so) hold the hose on it and you look from the inside (take a flashlight).. seats fold down right?

I was thinking about that method lol any yes the do fold down I think I'm going to try that.

My father just helped me simulate torrential rain fall and I looked from the back with the seat folded down and I can see the slightest bit of red light from only the corner and water didnt leak into the trunk but the seal was a little moist. Honda designed a nice rain channel for these trunks :)

How thick is that rubber piece you put on the trunk? That round rubber bumper contacting it can actually be extended by twisting it out. Unless that piece you added is super thick, that round piece should come out far enough that you wouldn't need the other one.

Hmm I didn't know that. But the rubber seal pieces are 1/4in I believe but the compress so I doubled it up. You can see in the pics

Back