Wilwood brakes

Edmundo27

Does enyone, see the wilwood brake kit!!!!!!

image-jpg.11289

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
I know someone that is selling some if you want a set.....

but yes, I see them.

Last edited:
the also have the rear brake kit, this kits also fits for the crz the civic si also

Going to track your car a lot? A big brake kit does not increase stopping power just cooling ability if you are overheating your brakes from intense track sessions/touge.

Also.. bling factor.

....thats about it

1500 for bling ? Eh :coffee:

Last edited:
That will make the brake diffuse the heat faster that helps if you have to brake faster, and helps to brake in a shorter distance

That will make the brake diffuse the heat faster that helps if you have to brake faster, and helps to brake in a shorter distance

Heat dispersion yes. Brake power and distance? No.

If shorter braking distance and more aggressive stopping power is what you want: Get a high friction brake pad. This will increase noise and dust over OEM pads.

A more aggressive pad/shoe compound will give more stopping power and shorter distances, especially on the street. Brake size will not do much unless a higher friction rotor and shoe are used. It's all about friction.

Wilwoods do look good though.

I believe there is a direct bolt-on TSX or RL caliper avilable that is a 4-piston. That paired with a high friction pad like EBC green or red will definitely up the brake power and for a lot less than any BBK setup.

Heat dispersion yes. Brake power and distance? No.

If shorter braking distance and more aggressive stopping power is what you want: Get a high friction brake pad. This will increase noise and dust over OEM pads.

A more aggressive pad/shoe compound will give more stopping power and shorter distances, especially on the street. Brake size will not do much unless a higher friction rotor and shoe are used. It's all about friction.

Wilwoods do look good though.

I believe there is a direct bolt-on TSX or RL caliper avilable that is a 4-piston. That paired with a high friction pad like EBC green or red will definitely up the brake power and for a lot less than any BBK setup.
Please, Dear God tell me what I should do to find this setup?

the also have the rear brake kit, this kits also fits for the crz the civic si also

Would most likely fit the DX, and LX if you swapped out a bunch of parts to the Si rear hub / spindle, E-brake cables, master cylinder, rear brake lines etc.

Bigger diameter rotors offer more torque with the same brake pad compound and applied pressure. Multiple piston calipers distribute the forces on the pads more evenly than single piston calipers, which under hard braking will apply more pressure in the center of the pad, and less on the leading and trailing edge.

I was cruising the Wilwood site a few weeks ago, they have many different compounds of pads available to fit those calipers, the ones that ship with the kit are the least aggressive.

Duh, I forgot the most important thing..... Tires are the limit of useable brake force. If you can lock up your wheels, your brakes are plenty strong.
That said I would like to get a BBK just for the bling factor. hah!

Last edited:
You can easily run a 225 or 235 wide tire. On the stock wheel Id suggest you stick to a 225 wide. The Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1 tire was very popular with the auto-x performance guys. The new z2 version should be out soon. Might be able to score a deal on the Z1

I'm sure some of the track guys might have some better input...
jrotax101 k757

Are you looking to track your car or just better street performance & looks? There's a lot to consider, brakes being just one part of it. The Si overall has a pretty good brake system built in. Just upgrading to more aggressive pad compounds, SS brake lines, high performance fluid, and sticky tires can add a lot to the feel and performance without the huge cost increase of going to a big brake kit.
Tire width vs. compound will make a big difference.
I can "lock up" (the tires screech) the wheels with my LX running 225/45's @ a 300 treadwear rating with EBC "RSX" slotted rotors and Hawke pads. The ABS kicks on before you really lock and skid so that's another limit there. The main brake issue the 8th gens had was during track sessions they would lose the brakes due to heat. BBKs help dissipate the heat better.

Last edited:
On the stock wheels, you might need spacers to push the wheels out. Our forum friend, AlienPrime tried a Brembo BBK on his car with the HFP wheels and he didn't clear. I like the look of the BBK, but I don't run my car on the track so I couldn't tell you how long before the stock brakes fade. Only thing that gets me is the rear discs look so small. I wish they were just an inch or two bigger in diameter like the front wheel, but so much of the braking force is on the front of this car, especially with the weight distribution..

Last edited:
Back