Window tinting?

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Didn't really know what category to put this in, sorry! I got my windows tinted today and driving home in the dark I noticed that the when I look in my rear view mirror, car headlights have like vertical dots above and below them; kind of heard to explain. Is this normal? Thanks!

hmm I have all my windows tinted and I never noticed that. Hopefully someone can chime in with answer.

I'd park in the sun for a few days if possible... you may have bubbles/water trapped under the film. Maybe you're seeing them from the headlights? Most shops tell you to leave it outside if possible to help speed up the drying process.

I'd park in the sun for a few days if possible... you may have bubbles/water trapped under the film. Maybe you're seeing them from the headlights? Most shops tell you to leave it outside if possible to help speed up the drying process.

and don't roll your windows down for the next few days

It's definitely from headlights. I'll try to take a picture tonight or tomorrow

Also, the tint was just done so I was thinking it may be because it's still wet

Tint does all kind of weird stuff for the first few days. As others have said leave it in the sun a few days before taking it back. It may be fine after it dries out.

That would cause that with tint over it?
Take a look at it in the daylight next time and see what it looks like around your defrost lines. Do you see water/bubbles along those lines?

I'll check tomorrow but I've looked and it appears to be water/bubble free

Mine had water bubbles for 3 days after I got my windows tinted.

Back