Windshield Repair

Adam Pakula

Toronto
Body Style
LX sedan
Hi Guys.

Got stone chip on the windshield couple of days ago and today its spread into a 5" hairline crack. I'm looking to replace it but the dealer is asking $425+HST. Service guy also mentioned that they do not install themselves and that they call in a 3rd party to do the replacement. He also said that the new OEM glass does not have a "Honda" logo.
I wanted to keep everything Original, so i was disappointed when I heard this. Did anyone replaced OEM windshield in the GTA for less and with no problems??
Also I heard that if i make a claim, my insurance will NOT go up and I only have to pay my comprehensive deductible.
But lets say I make a claim, and down the road i choose to sell my car, will the windshield claim show up in Carfax/Carproof reports?? If it does, I would not want to go thru insurance.

Can anyone comment on this???

Hi Guys.

Got stone chip on the windshield couple of days ago and today its spread into a 5" hairline crack. I'm looking to replace it but the dealer is asking $425+HST. Service guy also mentioned that they do not install themselves and that they call in a 3rd party to do the replacement. He also said that the new OEM glass does not have a "Honda" logo.
I wanted to keep everything Original, so i was disappointed when I heard this. Did anyone replaced OEM windshield in the GTA for less and with no problems??
Also I heard that if i make a claim, my insurance will NOT go up and I only have to pay my comprehensive deductible.
But lets say I make a claim, and down the road i choose to sell my car, will the windshield claim show up in Carfax/Carproof reports?? If it does, I would not want to go thru insurance.

Can anyone comment on this???
I'd just take it to a windshield replacement shop, they can order it and do nothing but replace them all day, and they can answer all your questions for the same reason.

It won't count against your insurance, they will cover whatever your policy says..
I don't know if Car/Fax will get involved, but if it showed up on C/F it'll say what the problem was....... everybody get's this done all the time. It might be to your advantage for it to be on record, so it will be listed as a stone chip, and not caused by a collision.

I'd be getting a new one about every 2 or 3 years living in Colorado.......... Lots of stones.....

Hey Adam,

Here's a link to a thread that talks about the same thing that happened to me. It should answer your questions. I got an after market windshield and I had no problems with wavy glass or anything like that. I couldn't tell the difference other than the Honda logo not being there.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/cracked-windshield.7659/

Thanks for the link Andre. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
I'm going to wait until later in the spring when most of the potholes are patched and there are much less stones on the roads.
I found these guys in Toronto. They sell OEM windshield for 2013 LX sedan for $265+HST and aftermarket for 220+HST and they give you LIFETIME warranty.

here is a link:
http://www.advantageautoglassrepair.com/services.html

I had nothing but bad luck with my '12. Just unlucky I guess. It all happened within a few months too.

If it wasn't a leased vehicle, I would have got the windshield done elsewhere. I just didn't want the hassle from Honda when I returned it.

That seems like a really good price compared to what I was quoted. Hopefully it works out for you.

Back