DIY Wink (RALLYE) 5 panel mirror install with pics!

gmarch

Boca Raton FL
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
First time doing a DIY, and found that no one had a clear enough DIY for the install of a 5 panel windshield span WINK mirror, otherwise known as the NASCAR MIRROR!

What you'll need:

• Flathead screwdriver
  • 9mm/10mm socket (may require a deep socket depending on the size of bolt you buy)
  • the Wink mirror and included bracket mounting kit
  • 2 bolts, 2 washers, and 2 nuts which fit through the mirror's bracket
  • patience with small plastic parts (lol)
1. to get started, you'll need to remove your sun visors, this is done by locating the small plastic tabs which are located in the back of the sun visor connection point, use your small flathead to push the tooth toward the rear of the car.

20121214215323_G.jpg

in this case, this is the driver side visor, you would push the white tooth to the left and inward. once the tooth is pushed in, you may need to wiggle the visor out of it's placement and you're good to go!

2. at this point you'll want to assemble your mounting brackets to your wink mirror. it should look like this, or similar. please excuse the horrible picture, but you'll get the general idea of how the brackets should look, this is also used to aim/adjust the mirror.

20121214211903_G.jpg

3. now you'll need to find those bolts and place them through the hole from the visor, and the bolt should be facing downward, then tighten up a nut there and kaboom... tightening these will require you to keep the bolt stationary, so i fit a small screwdriver top in the bigger opening and held it down to tighten from there, the result is a bulletproof install!

20121214214410_G.jpg

Now obviously this isn't a professional looking install, but with some plastic trim pieces that cover the bolts and brackets it'll look spectacular.

this is the finished product, with rear view mirror removed:

20121214214327_G.jpg

The rear view mirror mirror is simply removed by disengaging the spring from the small opening on the bottom of the mirror mount, and pushing downward.

Hope you all enjoyed this DIY and enjoy your mirrors and improved viability! some constructive criticism is always welcomed!

-Gino

Thanks for the DIY. Could you take a picture looking down the side of the mirror to show the clearance for the visors? I want this in my car but I will have to make some custom brackets to install the visors back on or go with a Broadway.

Thanks for the DIY. Could you take a picture looking down the side of the mirror to show the clearance for the visors? I want this in my car but I will have to make some custom brackets to install the visors back on or go with a Broadway.

I'll do this tomorrow and post it, theres not much room from where I mounted it, but with custom brackets you should be fine, and able to use your visors

Also how did you get your lights blue in the dash?

DX/LX/EX/EX-L have blue dash lights while the SI has red :domokundance:

I noticed this earlier when I was looking at the dash after I posted. I would love to get it all blue in my Si.
Thanks a bunch.

FYI..... Some of that blue turns green when driving conservatively.

First time doing a DIY, and found that no one had a clear enough DIY for the install of a 5 panel windshield span WINK mirror, otherwise known as the NASCAR MIRROR!

What you'll need:

• Flathead screwdriver
  • 9mm/10mm socket (may require a deep socket depending on the size of bolt you buy)
  • the Wink mirror and included bracket mounting kit
  • 2 bolts, 2 washers, and 2 nuts which fit through the mirror's bracket
  • patience with small plastic parts (lol)
1. to get started, you'll need to remove your sun visors, this is done by locating the small plastic tabs which are located in the back of the sun visor connection point, use your small flathead to push the tooth toward the rear of the car.

20121214215323_G.jpg

in this case, this is the driver side visor, you would push the white tooth to the left and inward. once the tooth is pushed in, you may need to wiggle the visor out of it's placement and you're good to go!

2. at this point you'll want to assemble your mounting brackets to your wink mirror. it should look like this, or similar. please excuse the horrible picture, but you'll get the general idea of how the brackets should look, this is also used to aim/adjust the mirror.

20121214211903_G.jpg

3. now you'll need to find those bolts and place them through the hole from the visor, and the bolt should be facing downward, then tighten up a nut there and kaboom... tightening these will require you to keep the bolt stationary, so i fit a small screwdriver top in the bigger opening and held it down to tighten from there, the result is a bulletproof install!

20121214214410_G.jpg

Now obviously this isn't a professional looking install, but with some plastic trim pieces that cover the bolts and brackets it'll look spectacular.

this is the finished product, with rear view mirror removed:

20121214214327_G.jpg

The rear view mirror mirror is simply removed by disengaging the spring from the small opening on the bottom of the mirror mount, and pushing downward.

Hope you all enjoyed this DIY and enjoy your mirrors and improved viability! some constructive criticism is always welcomed!

-Gino

where can i get this mirror?

Back