Wiper issue 96 ex coupe

vtecjunkie88

Rhode Island
Vehicle Model
Civic Ex
Body Style
Coupe
Just curious if anyone knows why when I use my washer fluid my wipers find automatically turn on? I have to spray then turn on the wipers. Just getting annoying just looking for diag ideas or solutions. Thanks not that it matters but I meant 97 coupe

If I'm not mistaken, my ex 2012 doesn't wipe after hitting the spray, I have to turn it on one way or the other, I like it that way because it gives it time to soak, which is why I'm guessing they did it that way, use less water if it soaks.

The wipers do activate, but it takes a second. You have to hold it for at least a second or two.

Quick pulls of the washer will usually allow you to get the windshield wet & not activate the wiper. If you're pulling for a good second or whatever all the way back on the handle, it should automatically activate. At least the last two generations of civics did.

Sorry I didn't see the "97" part. I think those older cars only sprayed when you pulled on the lever? I had two EKs, a coupe and a sedan, but I don't remember how the wipers worked. Sorry

Back