Worn out floor mat already?

njhustler

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have had this car almost a month now. I love it and am happy that I can get on the throttle every now and again (1500 miles). I take care of it pretty well. Anyway today while I was vacuuming and I noticed that my drivers floor mat has a bald spot in it already. WTF? at this rate I will wear it down until I hit the street and pull a Flintstones. Would this be covered under the warranty?. If so I guess I will have to get rubber floor mats to protect my floor mats. Anyone else have this problem?.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 33
They make quality after market carpet mats that will wear "LONG TIME"......
I got the WT rubber mats myself. But the carpet that comes stock isn't something that would last, I'm sure it won't be covered, because it falls under wear and tear.

Last edited:
Lol I know what u guys are taking about I have the same problem. What all seasons did you get?

I've been using the WeathTech floor mats for a few years now as well and really prefer them to carpet mats. I love just being able to hose them down when I'm washing my car and having them look as good as new.

Heard from someone who works at Honda that you can actually warranty it. Cuz damn only that many miles too! Also, I would warranty and just get all seasons right after. Keep the new ones fresh

I heard that they wore out really fast so I put the Weathertechs in as soon as I got the car. The Si ones will be brand new when I sell the car. I got the HFP mats for the summer. They seem to be holding up ok but I'm guessing they will wear pretty quick too.

I guess I will goto the dealer and see what they say about it. Ive had the car for almost a month maybe they will hook me up with a new one. If they do I guess I will have to invest in the wt liners.

Thanks. They probably won't do squat for me , but it won't hurt trying. Currently searching for the best price on the floor liners to protect my mats/carpet. The carpet is paper thin as well and I def don't want to wear that out.

I can almost all but promise you the Honda dealership will tell you "no way" if you ask them to warranty it for you, given it's "normal wear and tear". They'll probably also give the excuse of "well, this is normal because you're using the carpets more given you have a clutch".

The mats on the Civic haven't been good since the 8th gen models. Those carpets were at least thicker and more woven...but they still had issues with wear too.

My advice to you is to get the WeatherTech floor mats. It's custom cut to the Civic's interior so the fit is flawless, and it will protect the even thinner, cheaper "carpet" underneath the mats from premature wear.

I keep my WeatherTechs in my car year round. I also have two sets of 2012 Si coupe OEM carpet mats (never used) if anyone's interested. I kept them when I traded my 2012 in and after the first 2012 was totaled in a car accident and I have no use for them anymore.

Thanks. They probably won't do squat for me , but it won't hurt trying. Currently searching for the best price on the floor liners to protect my mats/carpet. The carpet is paper thin as well and I def don't want to wear that out.

Exactly. See what they say. Worst case is they say no and you're no further ahead. Worth a shot though. If its any consolation, the mats on our 2009 Civic aren't a lot better especially the actual floor carpet.

Back