would you be willing to put your hand in?

I showed my dad this...."meh..." lol Guess he has too much experience(20+ years) with saws. Now nailguns nailing fingers to a boards, that's a different story, lol

• Staff
lol would he put his hand in this to test it though? :bananapop:

I have a building story. A roofer was cutting ridge shingles with a circular saw and kept putting the saw down on his thigh after each cut. Think of a man on his knees - pointed towards the ridge of a roof. After extended use, shingle/tar jammed up the safety guard... and it didn't retract before he put the saw right back on his thigh. Needless to say, the saw came to a stop after going through his leg. :corndance:

power tools are awesome. I've seen nails through someone's foot stuck to a board. Had to be taken to the ER with the board still attached. That was great.

Craziness!! The Arthur Movie with Russell Brand had one of these. Pretty funny scene, he met his father-in-law for the first time who as a contractor and he made him touch his tongue to one of these. :rotfl:

On several occasions my dad has become part of the houses he works on by nailing his hand to stuff. I have seen him hold bards up that are attached to his finger then pulling on the board to remove the nail in his finger. Shortly after he wraps the finger in a paper towel then some tape on top. Looks at me and says....hurry up so we can go home and watch the soccer game. It's like he just got a paper cut...lol.

lol....more like the carzy award. One day I get dragged in to chop down a tree. Since it was soo tall we had to top it...cut part of the top first. Due to the height and not wanting to rent a cherry picker my dad decides to get his tallest ladder(something like a 40ft ladder) and prop it against the tree and ties it off at the top. He climbs up the ladder and then yells "hand me the other ladder over there and some rope" So the shorter ladder(20 ft ladder section) goes up and he ties the ladder to the tree above the ladder that is propped against the tree. So he is some 60ft off the ground sawing away with a chainsaw. Like I said....the crazy award.

lol....more like the carzy award. One day I get dragged in to chop down a tree. Since it was soo tall we had to top it...cut part of the top first. Due to the height and not wanting to rent a cherry picker my dad decides to get his tallest ladder(something like a 40ft ladder) and prop it against the tree and ties it off at the top. He climbs up the ladder and then yells "hand me the other ladder over there and some rope" So the shorter ladder(20 ft ladder section) goes up and he ties the ladder to the tree above the ladder that is propped against the tree. So he is some 60ft off the ground sawing away with a chainsaw. Like I said....the crazy award.

oh, Humberto.

Back