wrapping a pillars?

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
ive always wanted to wrap my a pillars but in this car are there air bags in them? i watched some crash tests and it dosent look like their in the pillar

you can pop the plastic trim if you're looking to wrap it in fabric or vinyl.

ive always wanted to wrap my a pillars but in this car are there air bags in them? i watched some crash tests and it dosent look like their in the pillar

update with pics if you do, I've been wanting* to do that was well

I'm hydro dipping mine as soon as I get my valve cover and manifold cover back,I'm going carbon fiber I think.

update with pics if you do, I've been wanting* to do that was well
i will when i do i just need to find the right material / pattern to do it in

py3ybe4e.jpg
they just put them on Facebook, they came out excellent!

vinyl wont work on the pillars. Not enough surface contact. Try either wrapping it in fabric or painting.

vinyl wont work on the pillars. Not enough surface contact. Try either wrapping it in fabric or painting.
im glad you mentioned that because i was leaning tords vinyl.
anything in mind? I was thinking cf or a fancy looking fabric
seeing i cant do vinyl im thinking bandanna print like i was planning on my last car.

sorry about reviving an old thread but anyone know what kind of material i should use for wrapping my headliner, pillars, and rear deck? also what adhesive will hold up to the temps of the inside of a car in the summer?

3m makes a specific headliner glue/adhesive
http://www.amazon.com/3M-38808-Headliner-Fabric-Adhesive/dp/B004MEBENM

As for the pillar - most people glue the back side and leave the front side of the pillar alone. Then glue doesn't get through the fabric, or show down the road. It'll keep the fabric soft, and you won't see/feel glue coming through. So glue the back & stretch the fabric across the front of the pillar.

3m makes a specific headliner glue/adhesive
http://www.amazon.com/3M-38808-Headliner-Fabric-Adhesive/dp/B004MEBENM

As for the pillar - most people glue the back side and leave the front side of the pillar alone. Then glue doesn't get through the fabric, or show down the road. It'll keep the fabric soft, and you won't see/feel glue coming through. So glue the back & stretch the fabric across the front of the pillar.
i get one shot at the headliner though lol im super nervous about it

thanks ive never seen that. i really wanna do this now.

Back