Wrapping Interior w/ Fabric Accents

Middlesex, New Jersey
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, I'm just looking for some opinions about wrapping my interior with fabric. I've been planning to buy the material from eBay or Amazon and then doing it by myself or with a friend. I'm thinking about wrapping the middle part of the door cards, center console, and the shift boot.

Here's an example of what my friend Kevin Tran did.

b7e0ddbf89efd8c8b6d7c75ce0d6e3b5.jpg

The only problem is that I own a '14 Civic LX, which has both faux leather on top w/ a tan/beige interior.

e79785f3c2dadd183f4583bf39905400.jpg
bd72c7db5c1df6b2b1fede1cd20f08f7.jpg

A little bit hard to decide what kind of fabric to use cause it's hard to match the colors and I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb. i.e red.

Most of you guys own a fully black interior so it's easy for yall to pick a color cause every goes well with black [emoji17].

Here's some ideas that I have found so far on eBay. Let me know what you think about it, or if you think you have a nicer pattern in mind. I'm gonna try to stick with a floral design cause you know I'm hella fruity and flowers are that new new. LOL [emoji6].

506b1865869fcc88b6cc3a4e4112b9e5.jpg
e0da4e4f2e8a7cf5a54fadb926d1559f.jpg

Thanks in advance friends. [emoji5]️.

I feel like it won't look right with the leather. If anything I'd do a solid color suede or something. I don't even know if that'd look good though.

Yeah, I know how you feel @webby. Its kind of a hesitating thought to me. Part of me wants to do it because I feel like the interior is somewhat bland and wants to stick out among the rest, but another part of me knows that its gonna be a hard task cause there could be a cluster **** of patterns inside my interior. I also wanna get seat covers just cause I really don't like the beige, and black seats are just sexy in general.

Main problem is that the door card pattern and the center part of my cloth seat's pattern is the same. Change one of them, and you pretty much have a lot of designs clashing on each other.

Its in the air right now though, not completely positive what exactly I want to do. Just asking for some constructive criticism before I pull the trigger on actually doing it. Its not hard at all, might take several hours, but the price is super super cheap haha.

I'm not knocking the choices of the pattern for furniture, but to go along with the design of the cars ambiance, I think doing a search of patterns that better fit a car would be the 1st step........ then find out what ability the material has to be maneuvered to fit smoothly, thickness/stretch, etc.

I think I'm gonna be slowly converting my interior by getting rid of the beige and vinyling/painting the plastic pieces, getting seat covers, ect. Not quite sure what to do about the head liner though. Then once everything is black, I'll have more freedom to have more creativity :thumbsup:

Back