xenondepot LED pro kit in stock light housing review (with pictures)

snahfu

Of course your not suppose to stick leds in our stock civic headlight housing but the idiot i am decided to do it anyways. Paid around 100 USD for these lights. They are much brighter but the pattern is pretty bad. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the light pattern has tons of areas that are darker and brighter. I expected something more uniform but this was not the case. In addition, theres a beam of light that shoots straight up on the sides of the headlights.

Anyways, I not sure if other 9006's LEDS do this as I have not tried.

My next plan when I save up some money is to get a ebay projector headlights.

Thanks for reading this.

NwA8K0I.jpg

InACglo.jpg

jhGtQZB.jpg

are these what you have?
http://www.xenondepot.com/9006-Xtreme-LED-kit-pro-p/xt-led-9006-pro.htm

Did you rotate the bulb to adjust the output to see if you could improve the beam? It appears to have degree markers all around the bulb that can be adjusted. If these are the ones you bought?

@XenonDepot

9sinA5Z.jpg

I did not adjust it, i left it at 90 degrees i believe which is what they recommended. I was not sure what to change the number to but I will update the review when I try that out.

Did you rotate the bulb to adjust the output to see if you could improve the beam? It appears to have degree markers all around the bulb that can be adjusted. If these are the ones you bought?

I've watched a few of the install videos for the XenonDepot 9006 bulbs and don't see anyone reporting the light output issues that @snahfu has.

Subscribed to see what the resolution is.

I would check the LED bulbs and make sure the LED diodes on them are facing 3 and 9 o'clock when locked in the housing. If they are not then you can adjust them as needed to achieve this.

Danny

I've watched a few of the install videos for the XenonDepot 9006 bulbs and don't see anyone reporting the light output issues that @snahfu has.

Subscribed to see what the resolution is.

Yea i saw good reviews for them too but it was always on cars other than civics. Another member installed them in our stock headlight housing and had some issues too.

it was bright. I did not think about aiming them low until after I sold them. I didn't like xenondepot's LED light anyway. Their distribution of light was not good. It would illuminate two bright circle lights. I didn't like that.I got a retrofit done but I did buy auxbeam from Amazon. Their distribution of light was way better. Nice color tone and after aiming my cousins headlights, its the choice I would have made if I didn't want to spend extra on a retrofit.

Back