XXR Wheels? Good deal or just cheap crap?

A number of users are on xxr's so I'm sure they can chime in. I know a number of enkei wheels are very lightweight. Do you know the weights on both you're looking at?

From what I've read through various google searches the xxr 527 18x8.75 (similar to the 530) is 21 lbs and the enkei raijin is 20.6 for 18x8. That was the best info I could find on that. What I would really like to know is the weight of the Honda stock 15" steel wheel. I haven't been able to find that.

Heres some food for thougt.... Found this on an Evo forum. Supposedly this happened while innocently driving down the road at about 35. The wheel failed, hit a parked car after wheel failure. :ohnoes:

xxr destruct 1.jpgxxr destruct 2.jpgxxr destruct 3.jpg

Notice a missing wheel nut? The clamping force would be uneven causing the wheel to flex. This probably contributed to the problem.

There was less stress and much more strain on the wheel due to its concavity. The wheel couldn't hold itself.

Last edited:
Every wheel breaks. Gotta keep an eye on your own equipment, get em rotated occasionally & look em over, check lug nut tightness....

Enkei rpf-1

368517825.jpg

Advan TC -2
368517823.jpg

SSR
368517860.jpg

HRE
368518233.jpg

Rays ( made in japan stamped on bottom of lip)
IMG_2538Resized.jpg

I wouldnt worry about the XXR line any more than ROTA. If you aren't going to track your car or subject it to serious abuse you should be fine. Many race teams run Rota's without issue. XXR is a company that makes wheels for looks more than anything I think so just keep that in mind. Buy the correct equipment for your useage.

And as mike hurd pointed out... missing lug nut in that above pic. So did the wheel break from the missing lug and cause the accident or did the driver crash which caused the wheel failure? Most wheel failure pics you find online are from after a crash.

Every wheel breaks. Gotta keep an eye on your own equipment, get em rotated occasionally & look em over, check lug nut tightness....

Enkei rpf-1

368517825.jpg

Advan TC -2
368517823.jpg

SSR
368517860.jpg

HRE
368518233.jpg

Rays ( made in japan stamped on bottom of lip)
IMG_2538Resized.jpg

I wouldnt worry about the XXR line any more than ROTA. If you aren't going to track your car or subject it to serious abuse you should be fine. Many race teams run Rota's without issue. XXR is a company that makes wheels for looks more than anything I think so just keep that in mind. Buy the correct equipment for your useage.

And as mike hurd pointed out... missing lug nut in that above pic. So did the wheel break from the missing lug and cause the accident or did the driver crash which caused the wheel failure? Most wheel failure pics you find online are from after a crash.
^^^ Amen to this!!!

yup, every wheel will crack or break, the good wheels however will not detach. that is the difference, if the xxr on evo did not detach, he might not crash into another car because he still can control the car.

when you look at the ssr, enkei, the advan, the volk racing, the tires are still round & still on the rims...

you still can control the vehicle

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Yeah, it looks like the XXR just simply shattered. Lol.

i had a jawa dvd a while back, it shows you even on cast wheels, the japanese wheel with weight drop test, even though the weight shattered the wheel, it will not detached, all you see is the rims collapse & everything is still inact.

i am going to try to find the dvd & see if i can upload it to you tube.

I love WedsSport wheels. For the price, you simply cannot find a better wheel.

this is my 04 accord back in 2005 with 19" ssr professor sp1 + dunlop dz101 tires, i only paid $2500 with shipping, thank you tire rack ! please bring back some real jdm rims !

(notice my accord had black door handles & black mirror just like my civic ? lol...)
accord.jpg

Reactions: Nix
I remember when Tire Rack used to sell Gram Light wheels. I love the 57s.

forged wheels don't crack them bend

there is a reason you should pay $1000 per wheel. VOLK RAYS FTW :D

bend2.jpg

otherwise if you'd asking for looks.. SSR is a decent wheel :)

Back