YoSpeed Door Sills

siracergrl

NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Type R
Body Style
4-Door Hatch
I have been on a hunt for some nice looking door sills. I remember YoSpeed did them for the 8th gen so I contacted them about some for the 9th. They want to expand into the 9th community but have no cars to use to fit the sills when they make them. If anyone is in SoCal and is interested, you should hit them up so they could get the ball rolling.

Here's a quote from the email exchange between the two of us:

Hi Candice,
They'd cost approximately the same as the 8th gen door sills, as long as they don't require any complex modification to get them to fit properly. I'd like to expand to the 9thcivic community, but I don't have a test bed to use. If you're located in the southern California area I may be able to use your Si for fitment. If not, I'll be looking into locating a 9th gen in the near future.

you could probably give him the dimensions of the sill and be able to be safe. As long as the sill is similar to the 8th in size/shape... I'm guessing a sill could be made from just giving length/width to compare to 8th?

I offered him the dimensions but he would rather it be tested in person. Can't blame him in a way. I wouldn't wanna sell a product unless it was perfect. Figured I'd spread the word for him though in case someone close to him wants them. They can be the test car and get the ball rolling

Yospeed makes very good quality products. He puts alot of work on what he sells. I got my license plate frame and battery tie down from him. :thumb:

My hubby and I got our old plate frames from him too. I love his work

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a loaner car in the Southern California area so that I can get the dimensions and check for any fitment issues that may arise. I'll post updates to this thread as they come. Thanks Webby, Dar-Dar, and siracergirl. Hopefully I can get this project off the ground soon!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a loaner car in the Southern California area so that I can get the dimensions and check for any fitment issues that may arise. I'll post updates to this thread as they come. Thanks Webby, Dar-Dar, and siracergirl. Hopefully I can get this project off the ground soon!

Good Luck! Hope you find someone!!! :bighug:

Looking forward to seeing this progress! You know my hubby and I are gonna jump at the 1st chance to get your sills.

I am interested in door sills from Yospeed as well. I hear awsome reviews about the workmanship. Make them for the 9th gen coupe and I'll buy them the moment they are available.

I don't know if he got a test car around LA or not..

Amazing work is done by YoSpeed, I just received my custom battery tie down bar a few weeks ago. David, could you not just go to a dealership, pretend you are interested and take measurements that way?
Custombatterytiebar.jpg

The powder coater's been backed up with work so my parts have been sitting at the bottom of their queue. I'm hoping they'll call me today so I can pick it all up and get it machined over the weekend!

I've already added photos to my site and people can place orders, but they won't ship out until Monday.

Back