Your thoughts on 8thgen springs on our 9thgen's

not seen a single complaint. Only thing required is the rear spring isolators from the 8thgen. I think collegehillshonda had them for around $30 dollars

thats good i might just buy 8th gen springs. and all i need is the rear spring isolators?

yes, that's all that you need to run 8th's

A lot of people debate using 8th gen springs because of the differences in the two gens, like the direction of the coil and spring rates, but I too haven't heard a complaint from anyone who has actually used 8th gen springs with 8th gen insulators...including myself.

When I say insulator I mean what everyone calls the isolator. Honda and hondapartsdirect call it an insulator, so do I. But you can also get a different person from Honda who will call it a isolator.

Thank you guys, this is actually good information, what type of springs do you recommend (8th generation) for my 9th generation civic? Also, do you guys have the link where I can also purchase the rear insulators, I searched in collegehondahills and I couldn't find it?

no problem...as far as which springs its just a matter of preference. I would probably try the 8th gen HFP springs if you're looking for a mild drop. I've always liked Tein springs but not sure what type of drops they have for 8th gen. That's research I would have done had I not been tricked into buying 8th gen road magnet springs for my 9th gen.

here the 8th gen insulators: http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ch_in=all&search_str=52691-SNA-A01&make=Honda

no problem...as far as which springs its just a matter of preference. I would probably try the 8th gen HFP springs if you're looking for a mild drop. I've always liked Tein springs but not sure what type of drops they have for 8th gen. That's research I would have done had I not been tricked into buying 8th gen road magnet springs for my 9th gen.

here the 8th gen insulators: http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ch_in=all&search_str=52691-SNA-A01&make=Honda
Thank you Winn

im interested on the 8thgen neuspeed sports 1.5 front n rear..
then im interested on 8thgen h&r sport but seems like its advertise same drop as the ones thats in development for the 9thgen

honestly afther thinking about how soon the H&R's will probably be available, I think you both should wait on 9th gen springs. I can't imagine it'll be that much longer before they're available and I would think you'd both be mad at yourself if you bought 8th gen springs and a week or two later, or even a month the 9th gen specific H&R's became available. What's another month waiting? The ONLY reason I have 8th gen springs on my car is the fact that I was lied to by road magnet, I'll be upgrading to 9th gen springs or coilovers once they're available...just for the piece of mind knowing they're 100% designed for my car. Plus, what do you think the dealer will say if they see retrofitted 8th gen springs on a 9th gen civic, I doubt it would do anything good for the warranty.

i hate waiting :banghead: but im not guna put 8th gen springs because like winnn420 said i doubt it would do any good to the warranty

guess like time to wait! lol oh well.. lol atleast i can save more money to by a si grill upgrade and the red jdm emblems

Whoops was asking the other person and didn't even realize the diff names

Clunck

the only issue you'd have warranty wise with 8th springs would be a suspension related warranty issue. If you run aftermarket 9th springs, it'd be no different. There isn't much to worry about

Back