Acura NSX Concept Shows Off Its Interior

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Acura NSX Concept - Take A Peek Inside The Cabin
nsx_concept_1.sized.jpg

nsx_concept_5.sized.jpg

The Acura NSX is still a couple years away from production, but Acura has taken the dark window tint off last year's concept and opened the doors to show us what the interior of the car looks like. From what we can tell on the show-floor display, Acura's hybrid supercar will not only have a sexy exterior design, it will look great from the inside as well, but Acura pointed out that this is just "one possible direction" the interior could go. We suppose that means we can look forward to many more NSX concepts – you won't hear any complaints from us.

Building on Acura's latest tagline of "the synergy between man and machine," the NSX promises to provide a "human connected space" offering a simplified layout presumably chocked full of technology. Looking inside the concept reveals a cabin wrapped in maroon leather with sport bucket seats that will certainly provide plenty of support. We're sure there will be more information about the car and its interior at upcoming auto shows, but until then, scroll down for Acura's press release.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEBXW2MTFc

nsx_concept_4.jpg

nsx_concept_5.jpg

nsx_concept_6.jpg

nsxconcept_8.jpg

nsx_concept_9.jpg

nsx_concept_10.jpg

nsx_concept_11.jpg

nsx_concept_12.jpg

nsx_concept_13.jpg

nsx_concept_14.jpg

nsx_concept_15.jpg

nsx_concept_16.jpg

Many more high resolution photos of the exterior/interior found here -
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/Acura-NSX-Concept?page=1

Press Release:
Acura Unveils Next Evolution of NSX Concept at 2013 North American International Auto Show

Acura provides first look at possible NSX interior design concept

01/15/2013 - DETROIT, Michigan

Acura today unveiled a new NSX Concept that showcases the evolution of the next-generation supercar's styling and design, including a first-ever look at one possible direction for the next-generation NSX interior design.

"This further evolution of the Acura NSX Concept design is remarkably true to the original concept styling," said Mike Accavitti, vice president of national marketing operations. "We're making great progress in delivering on the expectations we created a year ago, with advanced technology that will bring new levels of performance and a unique, dynamic experience to the exotic sports car market."

The new Acura NSX Concept is based on the expected underpinnings of the vehicle Acura will bring to market. Still, the new NSX Concept maintains its low and wide stance with the dynamic and alluring proportions that debuted in the original NSX Concept at the 2012 North American International Auto Show -- highlighted by clean, modern and simple surfacing, and edgy details that communicate supercar attitude and a high-tech feel.

The new NSX Concept also features a first-ever look at one potential direction for the next-generation Acura NSX interior design. The design concept is founded on a "Human Support Cockpit" theme, a strong expression of Acura's product direction focused on "the synergy between man and machine." The interior package boasts outstanding visibility, an exotic driving position, and an intuitive "Simple Sports Interface" that minimizes interior clutter, allowing the driver to focus on the driving experience.

"Consistent with the spirit of the original NSX, our intention is to support the psychological and emotional aspects of driving a super car at the limit, because we are insistent about delivering on the synergy between man and machine," said Jon Ikeda, chief designer, Acura Design Studio. "Importantly, this will be true of all Acura vehicles moving forward."

With the aim of delivering a new sports car experience that combines next-generation supercar dynamic capabilities with advanced environmental performance, Acura announced a year ago that the Acura NSX will be powered by a mid-mounted, direct-injected V-6 engine mated to Acura's Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive) system.

Acura Sport Hybrid SH-AWD is an all-new, three-motor high-performance hybrid system that combines torque vectoring all-wheel drive with advanced hybrid efficiency through the use of three electric motors – one motor integrated with the V-6 engine and two motors driving the front wheels – along with an all-new dual-clutch transmission (DCT). The system enables instant delivery of negative or positive torque to the front wheels during cornering to achieve a new level of driving performance unparalleled by current AWD systems.

As previously announced, the new NSX is being developed by a global R&D team led by designers and engineers at Honda R&D Americas, Inc. located in Los Angeles, California, and Raymond, Ohio. The new NSX will also be manufactured at a new production facility in central Ohio.

About Acura
Acura is the fastest growing automotive luxury brand in America, having posted a 26.7% year-over-year gain in 2012, its best annual sales result since 2007. Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 272 dealers within the United States. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models: the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX sports sedan and Sport Wagon, the ILX luxury compact sedan, the 5-passenger RDX crossover SUV, the 7-passenger MDX luxury SUV, and the all-new Acura RLX flagship sedan, launching in March 2013.

Very supercar-like interior. I find it weird how the P,R,N,D are separate buttons. But I like it.

Too much carbon fiber. Otherwise, looks nice. Although what about a manual option in relation to that center console?

• Staff
lexus LFA is the same way.. it'll probably only be available as an auto with paddle shifters on the wheel.

I see the paddle shifter in the pics. Wonder if it is a double clutch... I understand the paddle shifters for beastly cars and state of the art super fast gearboxes, but they will have to deliver on that. The purist in me cringes at that though. Same for the GTR.

Possibly not squiggy. I think the hybrid motors would cause too much intertia to a manual trans. It's going to be hard to shift.

most supercars are going that way, because they can show faster test/lap times in the autos. They can shift faster.... but it takes the fun out of it.
I was going to say this too. Companies want their supercar to have good results in a race track.

most supercars are going that way, because they can show faster test/lap times in the autos. They can shift faster.... but it takes the fun out of it.
Yeah, cars with insane amounts of power can be limited by a human being too slow changing gears, but I can only think of a F1 car or 2 second 0 to 60 cars that can be in that situation. And even then the F1 cars with manual gear shifter were a thing of beauty and magic :)

Possibly not squiggy. I think the hybrid motors would cause too much intertia to a manual trans. It's going to be hard to shift.

That is a design issue then. I don't much see the point in having such a car and not being in tune with it as much as I could possibly be. Plus, as webby said, there is the fun factor.

That is a design issue then. I don't much see the point in having such a car and not being in tune with it as much as I could possibly be. Plus, as webby said, there is the fun factor.
Very likely though that the production car will not be a hybrid car. Being a prototype they will explore all the limits, when marketing it though most sport car fans are still reluctant at the hybrid approach.

they've been pretty adamant about it being a hybrid setup. The help of electric motors will add a lot of instant torque.

===
With the aim of delivering a new sports car experience that combines next-generation supercar dynamic capabilities with advanced environmental performance, Acura announced a year ago that the Acura NSX will be powered by a mid-mounted, direct-injected V-6 engine mated to Acura's Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive) system.

Acura Sport Hybrid SH-AWD is an all-new, three-motor high-performance hybrid system that combines torque vectoring all-wheel drive with advanced hybrid efficiency through the use of three electric motors – one motor integrated with the V-6 engine and two motors driving the front wheels – along with an all-new dual-clutch transmission (DCT). The system enables instant delivery of negative or positive torque to the front wheels during cornering to achieve a new level of driving performance unparalleled by current AWD systems.

Back