The following rules apply to all members of 9thcivic.com. They are instated to ensure a well-run board, and to embrace meaningful discussions related to the civic.
The providers of this service ("we") are not responsible for the content of any messages posted. Messages posted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.
1. No vendor advertising unless you are registered as a vendor with our site. This includes but is not limited to threads, posts, avatars, and signatures. For advertising information please use the "contact us' button found at the bottom of each page.
2. Before posting a question, please conduct a search for an answer.
3. Absolutely no postings of nudity or sexually explicit materials. This site is "work friendly" and any images or avatars deemed unacceptable will be removed.
4. The moderators and administrators of 9thcivic.com have the right to edit/open/close/move/delete any thread or post.
5. Posting in all CAPS is forbidden. If the majority of a message if determined to be made up of CAPS it will be deleted and the user will be warned.
6. Circumventing the inappropriate language filter is forbidden. Repeat offenders will be banned.
7. No bashing vendors, shops, or other websites without just cause. 9thcivic.com reserves the right to determine when just cause has been proven, so all complaints should be sent to our staff for evaluation.
8. 9thcivic.com is an English-speaking forum. The contents of every message SHOULD be written with proper English. If you have been warned and the content is not corrected within 24 hours, your message will be deleted.
9. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This information should either be included in the subject or description line. Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.
10. All issues with members should be taken up by email or through the use of our pm system. If you like, you may contact a moderator or staff member to mediate.
11. Flaming will not be tolerated for any reason. Users who verbally assault other posters on a regular basis will be banned. Name-calling is not acceptable. Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is. Forum-wide abuse of this rule will result in the enforcement of the Zero-tolerance policy found here.
12. New Topics should be posted in the correct forum with an accurate description. Topics posted in the wrong forum will either be moved or deleted without moderator notification. If you continue to post messages in the wrong forum, you will be warned. If you cannot locate your thread view your started threads in your profile. If it is not listed it was deleted.
13. Our tech forums are here to answer important technical questions pertaining to the civic. The quality of the content is very important, thus questions lacking technical merit will either be deleted or moved.
15. When replying to a thread in ANY of our tech forums, the poster should have at least one of the following: additional content pertaining to the subject, a related technical question. Replies with useless, unrelated comments or questions will be deleted.
16. No cross posting allowed. Do not copy the text from your new thread to another thread in a different forum. The goal is to prevent two discussions on the same topic at the same time.
17. Street racing related threads are not permitted and will be deleted on sight. No questions asked. 9thcivic.com does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities.
18. The For-Sale forum is for contributing members of the site. In order to sell or buy anything in the Marketplace you must meet certain site requirements. For information, please read the specific selling rules posted in the "For Sale" Forum. For Sale Threads must be posted in the "Marketplace" only. Sales are not to be conducted through pm, or outside the Sales area. This is for the safety of all users buying & selling.
19. "Low Balling" in the Marketplace is not allowed. This includes comments on price, suggesting a location to get it cheaper, or any inflammatory remarks. (9thcivic.com/moderators/admin are in no way responsible for any transactions that takes place through this site. Buyers should take all precautions when buying or selling goods online. We are not Ebay. Please read the full set of rules in the for sale area before posting a product for sale.)
20. Using the PM system to solicit non-vendor sales, or to circumvent any of the site rules or policies is strictly prohibited. Any member engaging in this activity will be banned.
21. No posting of copyrighted or proprietary information without consent. This includes software, games, music downloads, etc...
22. If you choose to leave the forum please do not ask us to remove your posts. Your posts become the property of 9thcivic.com once they have been posted. Should you wish to no longer be a member of this site, we will give your account a general nickname and delete all your personal information upon request.
23. Multiple screen names is strictly forbidden. Any member found to be posting under two screen names will be banned for a minimum of 7 days and the additional accounts will be removed. Any repeat offense of this rule will result in a permanent ban of the member.
LEGAL RIGHTS: Finally, you agree and realize that 9thcivic.com is privately owned website, and that you have NO RIGHTS whatsoever to use this message board, except at the sole discretion and permission of 9thcivic.com. Also realizing that at any given time, for any, or no reason whatsoever, your account can be terminated.
Freedom of Speech? - Although the constitution of the United States guarantees that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech", this web site is not Congress nor a part of the United States Government. Freedom of Speech rights do not extend to this privately owned web site. Profanity towards other users, or deliberately causing "drama" is not tolerated. The guidelines of this web site governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result is a suspension of your account.