Well I parted with my 9th gen si

XdemonicfleasX

pelzer sc
Vehicle Model
Lx
Body Style
Hatch
As bitter sweet as it was I love my new ride. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361590680.379520.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361590710.201432.jpg
2013 mustang gt :) I love the raw power of the 5.0. The factory hid's an led tails are an added bonus as well. Car handles surprisingly well for its size and having a solid rear axle. Only real con is back seat space and the fuel economy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361590741.299994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361590741.299994.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 32
Nice color! Hope you'll still stick around...not all of us are 9th civic owners.
What made you switch?

I will I enjoy the forum and I'll still provide input if someone has question to products I used while I had my civic. The switch came about because I've always loved classic muscle cars especially the old mustangs, while this one isn't a classic it's still a close resemblance. I've loved the design since they went to the more classic look in 05 but I've always thought the 4.6 left the mustang underpowered for what it was and the price. Since they brought the 5.0 back in 2011 they've appealed to my but until now lacked the income to afford one and with 08 civic ex I had it left me wanting something with more power, so I traded it for the si. Well I was playing on the Internet the other night looking at different cars, and came across the 2013 mustang, did the math for the heck of it and found out I could afford one, so I went and test drove one, put the pedal to the floor and the rest is history. The sound of a 302 is simply amazing too.

hate to see you trade it in, but glad to see you're happy with your new ride

hate to see you trade it in, but glad to see you're happy with your new ride
Yeah like i said it was bitter sweet, if I could afford both I would still have the si too. The k24z7 has tremendous potential and is quite peppy right out of the box, but even boosted still wouldn't deliver the same raw and beast like power of a V8. Maybe one day I can get rich and have a garage like jay Leno. Have an Sti, a boosted 9th si, a 00 si with a k swap, a 270z, a f150 raptor, gt500, gtr... I could go on all day. Though I might make the 00 si happen if I can find one unmolested. I'm sure a few times at the pump will cause me to trade the ranger on older civic. (btw all ranger owners get a 700 dollar rebate on any new ford, since ford discontinued them).

I've always loved classic Stangs, and ever since they changed to the newer body style in 2005 I've been in love with what Ford's doing (except for their lack of interest in getting rid of that solid rear axle). They just keep getting better looking, and the new engines they're putting into some of them are awesome. I always love it when I see one of the new Boss 302's take off from a stop light. Such a sexy growl

Oh yes it is. I love the boss but it remains out of my price range. I'm just glad that in 2011 they brought back the 5.0 to the gt. rumor has it that the 2015 redesign will bring about an independent rear suspension and a smaller and lighter frame.

I looked at a mustang,actually drove a few,mine would have been around 42k.I could have bought it,but I just couldn't justify it as a dd. I really liked it though.Sometimes I wish I pulled the trigger,but for almost half price I love my si,just wish I got the nav with Sirius. And Dyno blue.who knows maybe in 14 I will get the mustang.

This thread makes me want to get a Mustang. Maybe in 2014/2015. :think:

Nice purchase!

It's almost at 55k miles. :D

If I get another car, my FG2 will surely still stay with me. Lol. I still have a list of mods that I'm planning to get for it.

It's almost at 55k miles. :D

If I get another car, my FG2 will surely still stay with me. Lol. I still have a list of mods that I'm planning to get for it.

Not to thread jack but what's the list of mods? You can pm me if you like so we don't derail the thread any further. :popcorn:

I looked at a mustang,actually drove a few,mine would have been around 42k.I could have bought it,but I just couldn't justify it as a dd. I really liked it though.Sometimes I wish I pulled the trigger,but for almost half price I love my si,just wish I got the nav with Sirius. And Dyno blue.who knows maybe in 14 I will get the mustang.
Meh the nav system/premium audio was a let down to me. That's why I just got a base model gt, seeing how I wanted to replace all the fancy stuff with fancier stuff from the aftermarket. Lol

This thread makes me want to get a Mustang. Maybe in 2014/2015. :think:

Sources within Ford have now told insideline that these photos depict a close rendition of what the 2015 mustang will look like.

newmustang_1600.jpg

mustang_rear_9a_MTa_1600.jpg

Back