2013 Si and Flash Pro?

ericc191

Dallas
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So, first off let me say I've thoroughly abused Google search and I'm not seeing an answer to my particular question. Second, this is my first time ever using Hondata on any Civic I've ever owned. Flash Pro Manager looks quite overwhelming, at the moment. :(

I installed the most up to date version I could find (1.6.0) and the only option I see is 2013 Civic Si - Stock Equivalent. Where is the base reflash option like the 2012 shows? Or am I supposed to use the 2012 reflash? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
No. None of the videos give any specific information about a reflash for the 13 Si. I'll try asking on hondata forums.

the engine is the same... there should be no difference in using the 2012 reflash map

What are your performance mods so far? If you can swing it, I'd talk to vitviper about a tune. There are people completely stock who said they had substantial gains after having him make a custom tune.

VitViper reflash?? vs hondata reflash?

I have read a lot of people saying their car runs rich with hondata reflash? what exactly do they mean by that? extra fuel the car can't burn off?

how could they tell?

Hondata reflash is rich - too much fuel - a safe generic tune for the general public. They have to put out a tune that will support someone at sea level to high altitudes, ...and everyone in between.

Air/fuel ratio is found at the bottom of this dyno sheet below. It can be adjusted to suit each individual user for the best gains.

arPPC0L.jpg

What are your performance mods so far? If you can swing it, I'd talk to vitviper about a tune. There are people completely stock who said they had substantial gains after having him make a custom tune.

:yeahthat:

Plus, it didn't let you load 2012 cals on 2013 vehicles unless they changed that in one of the updates?

It work I load 2012 reflash on to my 2013 si :) But it runs rich so I just did some touch up on afr to 13.0 and 13.5 don't bother to mess with the 2013 map it make your car run like shxx u won't like it just a heads up. I done and know for a fact.

Last edited:
I thought the 2013 flash just puts it back to stock

FP is awesome.

Just curious - are you seeing a lot of knock on the reflash? I tried it for a while and didn't like the knock counts. The AFR was rich, but that is less concerning to me.

Just curious - are you seeing a lot of knock on the reflash? I tried it for a while and didn't like the knock counts. The AFR was rich, but that is less concerning to me.

I just loaded the Reflash map yesterday, but haven't done a datalog. Care to share your knock counts as a comparison?

I just loaded the Reflash map yesterday, but haven't done a datalog. Care to share your knock counts as a comparison?

I don't have access to my logs right now, but I believe on the last one it recorded 8 knocks in 15 minutes of part-throttle everyday type driving (no WOT). BTW, i have a totally stock '12.

My was 2 and 2 on cyclinder 2 and 3 about 45 min drive

That's not too bad. I did a second log on the return 15 min trip (right after the one with 8 knocks) and recorded 7. I don't remember which cylinders they were on specifically, but I know it wasn't just on 2 (where apparently the K20 had a lot of [ghost] knocks).

squiggy - did you get a chance to datalog your Reflash?

That's not too bad. I did a second log on the return 15 min trip (right after the one with 8 knocks) and recorded 7. I don't remember which cylinders they were on specifically, but I know it wasn't just on 2 (where apparently the K20 had a lot of [ghost] knocks).

squiggy - did you get a chance to datalog your Reflash?

I did a 25ish minute log over the weekend. I will take a look at it later today.

I did a 25ish minute log over the weekend. I will take a look at it later today.

I did a ten minute log with no knocks before the ReFlash map was loaded, but after I got 3 in cylinder 3 and 4 in cylinder 2 over 27 minutes.

According to the FlashPro documentation:

"Note that other mechanical noise may be interpreted as knock by the ECU. Supercharger noise and exhaust headers are the two most common causes of "false knock."

VitViper might have some input on this.

Last edited:
Back