dirtybirds 2013 PMM Si Sedan Build

Updated front end shots. Car is still dirty :(

9178176065_c3fd2ac461_b.jpg

9178177679_ab7674e362_b.jpg

9178178741_fdddebe6c5_b.jpg
9180394686_67ed2124d9_b.jpg

I'm gonna attempt to knock out the lower grill chrome later this week. Planning on buying HPD suspension this week as well, rear sway bar, and an intake. Maybe STi chin spoiler.

Looks good. Another option for the chrome could be black vinyl. There are a couple of shops around town that I might check to see if they have something that would work.

I would just tape them off but doing anything in my apartment complex is such a pain in the ***. Doing the brakes on the subaru yesterday, I had 5 people come tell me that I couldn't do that. It's much easier to take them off and take them to my balcony

Seriously... I know this feeling well. Totally sucks. I can't even do a waterless car wash in my parking lot. I did change my trans fluid by parking between two SUVs though.

The civic is looking good though. Did you tint the headlights a little bit or is it just the way the pics came out? They look dark. It looks good but I just can't tell. Also.... where did you get that switch that says sasquatch lights? hahahah that thing is awesome! I want one of those.

Seriously... I know this feeling well. Totally sucks. I can't even do a waterless car wash in my parking lot. I did change my trans fluid by parking between two SUVs though.

The civic is looking good though. Did you tint the headlights a little bit or is it just the way the pics came out? They look dark. It looks good but I just can't tell. Also.... where did you get that switch that says sasquatch lights? hahahah that thing is awesome! I want one of those.

Apartment complexes and HOA are evil. I hate dealing with the property manager at this complex.

The headlights arent tinted, they are just that dark. I took the reflector bowls out and it's just the bare black plastic back there and that's probably why. Even during high noon it still looks the same. Which I kind of like because it hides some of the imperfections of the retrofit.

I got the switch from http://www.otrattw.com/ fast shipping, quality switches and lots of options. I've used them a ton in the past for other projects.

You need to black out the entire front like I did with mine. I got rid of all the chrome in the front and the back including the H's and the civic badge. Looks good!

i think he meant that the lights look awesome, because they do!
so unique and cool looking

I had OEM FX projectors with Philips 85122+ and Matsushita ballasts on my EJ1 and the output was second to none, so I was considering getting another set for my FB6, but ended up going with the Mini H1 and Morimoto 3Five ballasts for ease of installation. Honestly, the trade off in how easy it was is almost worth the loss in output quality, but every time I see my old FX setup, I kinda want to do it again, even though it is a pain in the ***.

All that being said, I wish I could have gotten to this thread before you did your retrofit because I would have told you: if you're going to use the FX-R rather than the OEM FX with clear lens, you might as well save yourself the trouble and get pretty much the same output with the Mini H1 and save yourself the extreme hassle of the pain-in-the-*** installation process.

I'm super jealous of you '13 owners. I want that interior update so bad.

Last edited:
LOL. Yes in retrospect I would have def gone the same route. It would have saved me time and money. The output and cutoff are amazing but such a pain in the ***. Doing the same retro (well with FX-R 1.0) on my 8th gen was way easier.

That black rear trim goes really well with the car. I wonder how it would look on TW!? Either way,keep up the good work.

Updated front end shots. Car is still dirty :(

9178176065_c3fd2ac461_b.jpg

9178177679_ab7674e362_b.jpg

9178178741_fdddebe6c5_b.jpg
9180394686_67ed2124d9_b.jpg

I'm gonna attempt to knock out the lower grill chrome later this week. Planning on buying HPD suspension this week as well, rear sway bar, and an intake. Maybe STi chin spoiler.

well done on the headlights. very unique.

well I have some new additions coming soon. Just ordered wheels, sway bar endlinks for my HPD 25mm rear sway bar (i have an eibach as well and didn't realize the hpd one i had was a rear), "cloneable" tpms sensors, a tpms sensor programmer, and I have brake pads, rotors, dot 5 fluid (for track days), all waiting to be installed. I'll have pics once everything is done. This will most likely be it for mods as the rest of my disposable income is going into savings for the next few months.

Reactions: Nix
4x4 status. Suspension has yet to settle in this pic. I'll get a better one tomorrow.

10012502_10100652145696925_80165102_n.jpg

do the smokes headlights effect the light output at all?

Back