9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tony An
Those treehouses look nice, I will definitely look into that the next time the wife comes with me to the dragon, thanks for the heads up.

On a different note I just returned from a drive this morning on my new tires (Michelin PSS), man I really like these tires.
I'm getting noticeably more feedback at the 7/10's and beyond zone than I was with the stock BF Goodrich's that I previously had on, and trust me the Mustang needs all the help it can get in that department.

Totally stoked on these new tires!

@Tony An
Those treehouses look nice, I will definitely look into that the next time the wife comes with me to the dragon, thanks for the heads up.

On a different note I just returned from a drive this morning on my new tires (Michelin PSS), man I really like these tires.
I'm getting noticeably more feedback at the 7/10's and beyond zone than I was with the stock BF Goodrich's that I previously had on, and trust me the Mustang needs all the help it can get in that department.

Totally stoked on these new tires!

I'm still running in the RE11s, by next week they should be good to go.

Everyone is like "my new tires are awesome" and I'm over here like..

I need to go in the garage and roll the car forward 2" to stop the tires getting a flat spot.

You're right, it doesn't because I fixed that this year. Now every other hole, and none holes leak. LOL

What is it with German cars and leaking? Did all the R&D go into suspension design / and maximum engine performance, where wiring, suspension bushings, and oil seals were an afterthought?

It was a little joke. The only moisture produced from my car is out of the muffler. But my input/output/selector rod trans seals and rear main were replaced earlier this year because they were at end of life at 120k miles.

OEM bushings are also great for what they were designed to do. Maintenance on a sports car is normal IMO. After we finish getting our house built I'll be re-doing the whole rear end of the car with OEM bushings again. Again, 120k original and the car still moves pretty handily...

Love those tires but they don't work when cold. Very slippy. Be careful if you've never driven on them before. They also don't "warn" you like street tires do.

Thanks for the advice. It's been a while since I've driven on r-comps, and certainly never on the street. I'm definitely gonna be careful as I do not like the idea of putting my car in a ditch/off a mountain. It'll be fun to test out but definitely gonna be cautious

I am just glad I am not gonna be on very worn out DW's..... So far the redesign that continental did feels better

I am on DW, I bought new ones this year but since I haven't driven my car a lot in the past 12 months (only did 8,200 miles) the new tires are still pretty much new

I ran the DWS tires on my '04 BBS's last winter and they did well. I'm trying to find a winter setup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back