Help a Rookie out! (FLASHPRO assistance)

PRGR19

Sac
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan
Well guys... I finally followed through and pulled the trigger on the FLASHPRO! I just picked one up from King Motorsports... had to take advantage of their 10% off sale!

Anyway, last month, i started a thread on people's opinions on the Takeda Momentum intake, and there was an overwhelming amount of negative feedback stating that you actually lose horsepower/ performance. The best suggestions for gain were to get a 3.5" CAI and flashpro, or even just stay stock and a flashpro. I decided to get an AFE drop in filter along with this flashpro and currently staying with my stock exhaust.

Now where do i go from here? What settings or suggestions do you guys have for my minimal setup now that i have the flashpro?

All suggestions are apreciated and many thanks in advance!

Well guys... I finally followed through and pulled the trigger on the FLASHPRO! I just picked one up from King Motorsports... had to take advantage of their 10% off sale!

Anyway, last month, i started a thread on people's opinions on the Takeda Momentum intake, and there was an overwhelming amount of negative feedback stating that you actually lose horsepower/ performance. The best suggestions for gain were to get a 3.5" CAI and flashpro, or even just stay stock and a flashpro. I decided to get an AFE drop in filter along with this flashpro and currently staying with my stock exhaust.

Now where do i go from here? What settings or suggestions do you guys have for my minimal setup now that i have the flashpro?

All suggestions are apreciated and many thanks in advance!

You can use the ReFlash temporarily if you plan on getting a downpipe or other bolt-ons. Otherwise, you will want a tune from someone who knows what they are doing. A tune is better than the ReFlash as it runs rich and the tune will be geared towards your car, climate, and mods. DO NOT attempt to tune the car yourself if you have no experience or no one to guide you unless you are up for a $5,000 plus lesson/learning curve due to destroying your engine.

You can use the ReFlash temporarily if you plan on getting a downpipe or other bolt-ons. Otherwise, you will want a tune from someone who knows what they are doing. A tune is better than the ReFlash as it runs rich and the tune will be geared towards your car, climate, and mods. DO NOT attempt to tune the car yourself if you have no experience or no one to guide you unless you are up for a $5,000 plus lesson/learning curve due to destroying your engine.
Thanks squiggy! That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Obviously it's a perfectly great car, but i just want a little more out of it.

I'm definitely going to do the reflash, but no self-tuning will be attempted. Will this reflash elimiminate rev-hang?

Also, does anyone know any good tuners here in Sacramento, CA area (or even within a (30-50 mile radius)?

Thanks squiggy! That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Obviously it's a perfectly great car, but i just want a little more out of it.

I'm definitely going to do the reflash, but no self-tuning will be attempted. Will this reflash elimiminate rev-hang?

Also, does anyone know any good tuners here in Sacramento, CA area (or even within a (30-50 mile radius)?

If you take it to a tuning shop not only will you pay more, but you wont get the attention to detail vitviper provides....check out his site, all the tuning is done through datalogging and uploads so you dont ever have to drive to him for a tune. Im in TN, he's in Oregon, and hes been tuning my car for a few months

For the most part.

Dyno time is expensive. $250-300 at a minimum is not unusual. Vit only charges $189 for e-tuning. It is quite the time commitment and will take you at least a month to do most likely.

For the most part.

Dyno time is expensive. $250-300 at a minimum is not unusual. Vit only charges $189 for e-tuning. It is quite the time commitment and will take you at least a month to do most likely.

squiggy, does this month long tune incur extra charges or is it all included in the $189? Also, please explain how to set up launch control. How does it help/hurt and is it advisable to have launch control for daily driving?

squiggy, does this month long tune incur extra charges or is it all included in the $189? Also, please explain how to set up launch control. How does it help/hurt and is it advisable to have launch control for daily driving?
regardless of time, it's included for that price. Vit can set the launch control for you or others can maybe help if you're trying to do it yourself

regardless of time, it's included for that price. Vit can set the launch control for you or others can maybe help if you're trying to do it yourself

Agreed with webby, Vit will setup everything for you for that price, if there is anything you need just simply email him and if it applies to your tune he will usually respond. I can tell night and day difference on mine, and I am on map #24 now.

Congrats man! I'm waiting on my downpipe before I start my vittune!
Congrats man! I've already ordered my Ultimate Tune... just waiting to receive my first calibration. It's the weekend so i know Vit's busy with priority tunes, but does anyone know the avg turnaround time from original order to receiving the first tune and future tunes?

Congrats man! I've already ordered my Ultimate Tune... just waiting to receive my first calibration. It's the weekend so i know Vit's busy with priority tunes, but does anyone know the avg turnaround time from original order to receiving the first tune and future tunes?

Yeah he will get you a map this week sometime, just know that it will take a while and be patient.

Gentlemen, i just uploaded the Reflash and upon further inspection, it appears that it's identical to the Stock Calibration on the Flashpro. Is this true?

Back