Rear Sway Bar Bushing Upgrade

Just purchased 22mm sway from RedShift. Ordered rear Moog bushings directly from Moog.

I'm about to purchase Moog rear endlinks but people say they're expensive but they ones I found are only $26 each.

K750125 K750126

$26 each doesn't seem too expensive. Are these the correct endlinks.

Anyone upgrade the front endlinks?

Those endlinks are the correct parts for the rear.

The front endlinks are: K750604 and K750605.

Im not sure if anyone installed the front MOOG endlinks.

Im not sure if anyone installed the front MOOG endlinks.

I just ordered them. I have been planning on installing them for a while, but hadn't gotten around to ordering them. I will do them when I do my springs.

Has anyone installed these on the progress 24mm bar? I think this will cure my squeaking problem. And could I get a link to the correct size for the 24mm bar?

K90399 is the part number for the 24mm bushing kit. This will replace both Progress bushing and bracket. And it will definitely eliminate your squeaking issue.

K90399 is the part number for the 24mm bushing kit. This will replace both Progress bushing and bracket. And it will definitely eliminate your squeaking issue.
Thanks bud. Is there any reason I should but a greasable kit instead, or does this seriously not ever need to be greased?

Thanks bud. Is there any reason I should but a greasable kit instead, or does this seriously not ever need to be greased?
The material has very low abrasion which is why it doesn't require greasing. But you can grease them if you'd like.

Nice! Front? As far as I know, the fronts are not available for the 9thgens.

Hmmmmz.....I just bought the 21mm universal bushing for the front. I thought there was a pic in this thread of the bushings on the front.

Oops, the pic I saw is an 07 Si.

Last edited:
I"d get the greaseable bushings if you can. Also get a 90 degree fitting for the left one. Here's my rear sway after I didn't grease it for a year. I tried to do it every spring but I missed it one year and by the next when I was upgrading hardware this is what I found:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2-year-progress-rear-sway-bar-update.8172/

4wsv.jpg

I"d get the greaseable bushings if you can. Also get a 90 degree fitting for the left one. Here's my rear sway after I didn't grease it for a year. I tried to do it every spring but I missed it one year and by the next when I was upgrading hardware this is what I found:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2-year-progress-rear-sway-bar-update.8172/

4wsv.jpg

Thanks, but too late. Rear ones already on the car. You get(or used to get) ALOT more salt than my car would ever see, so not too worried about it. I did leave some grease on the bar when I had the progress bushings on there. Also rubbed some on the inner part of the bushing. I'll keep an eye on them though......

On my 8thgen, after 5 years of having the progress rear sway and 70k miles. All the hardware and all stock brackets were not even close to what your hardware and brackets look like in your other thread. This winter we got maybe 5 days of snow for the entire winter. Last year it was maybe 2 weeks total. We also don't have all that fancy salt spread on the roads, just that brine wash crap.

So I played around with doing the front sway bar bushings with the Moogs 21mm universal bushing. In the end, I stuck with the stock bushings.

It is a pain in the butt to get to the bolts, but do-able. The passenger side is easier than the drivers side as there is not much clearance around the bolts. The passenger side has some wire bundles routed above the bushing and the drivers side had the starter(I believe) right above the bushing. I didn't even try to take out the drivers side bushing but I did manage to loosen and tighten the bolts. The only tool that would work was the ratcheting wrench, but was still difficult. An angled/flexible ratcheting wrench would be best.

From the pictures below, the Moogs bushing is not tall enough, not wide enough and not "beefy" enough. As you can see from the pics the bottom half of the Moog bushing need to be 1-2mm taller, the whole bushings needs to be 2-3mm wider and frankly it just looks puny and not thick enough material surrounding the front sway bar area.

Not sure what I will do with the 21mm Moogs bushing now. Might return it and see if Moogs would be willing to make something that would work.

If someone wants to give them a shot instead of running the stock ones, let me know and I will send them to you.

IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG

Back