2015 Tail of the Dragon Photo Thread

I didn't go around and haven't seen much in Atlanta, but you and Robert living there is enough reason for me to consider it ;)

Maybe I'll rent the tiny house next to yours and be your annoying neighbor :D
There are a lot of awesome people here, great area, you'd be closer to MB corporate haha we have caffeine and exotics also.

I have a lot to upload later, but here's a couple from the road the meet is named after.
12038665_10153137649088388_4164204111410780074_o.jpg

12006668_10153137650258388_959456120833552769_o.jpg

I usually buy two pics a trip. Kind of a ritual at this point. If I don't then the road will disappear and I can't ever go back. That's the theory anyway, I don't want to tempt fate and not buy the pics. If you don't know what I'm on about, don't worry cause I don't either.

While we waited to depart from the Dragon, the Skyway showdown was about to begin. American Iron vs Japanese AWD fury.
0Stm6Mp.jpg

eCmLWQH.jpg

c7OhriW.jpg

Our first stop on the Skyway, the Challenger and WRX had to wait quite some time for the others to show up.
9eoOAwQ.jpg

z9OGTz5.jpg

Next we went to the elusive 'Hillcllimb Road' and even though @bootyluvr would whine almost incessantly, the end result was worth the journey.
8GjXaYv.jpg

There, one could find true peace, if only for a fleeting moment . . .
en9E1MB.jpg

NC215... I will return to you some day, you magnificent 55mph speed limit bastard of a road.
bUMbTPA.jpg

Like the skyway on crack. Thanks @Nix for taking us here, even if it took the little civic that could forever huffing and puffing up the hill. Hahaha.:bighug:
hJIm8yN.jpg

Shameless self promotion, the practical, 28mpg under heavy stress, 4 door suicide machine. All arguments against why this car isn't practical were promptly shut down over the course of this trip. You are all on notice.
gew07jB.jpg

Look at this! LOOK AT THIS! All these no good bloody HOONS standing around, gawking at the f--ksh!t fast GT-R and it's cool as f--k driver.
qCgyUYw.jpg

Even the media, with their fancy *** cameras showed up to harass the poor innocent GT-R DEATH MACHINE.
niFn7N0.jpg

What a commotion!
kmudqqB.jpg

@mattsbobo 's legendary mobile smoke screen finally met its match.
ofJVPth.jpg

y05kyLG.jpg

A chorus of metal angels cried out in righteous fury when this 1000hp DEATH MACHINE roared off.

Is there still loose gravel on the Hillclimb Rd?

A chorus of metal angels cried out in righteous fury when this 1000hp DEATH MACHINE roared off.

May this line go down in 9thcivic history...

Ya that 55mph limit is nice ain't it? Basically means no cops here!
We shall return, maybe you'll have a faster car for the next time. :spazface:

Is there still loose gravel on the Hillclimb Rd?
Some, but not much. The tree that had fallen in the winter and was there in May had been cleared. The event did a good job of clearing the mess. The asphalt still sucks, but when in a rally car wannabe or a huge tub of german American iron, you don't notice.

Be wary of the trees at the lookout point, for some reason, they give off a wifi signal. Don't connect to the wifi though, or be damned to gaze into the warp, and it will stare back.

May this line go down in 9thcivic history...
WITNESS ME!

Ahem... where was I? Oh right.... pictures . . .

Onward brothers.

Finally, Sunday came, and all but a small number remained. We stood around the eternal flame, and remembered those who came before us, those who came, saw, and laid waste to these eternal roads... Then I ran off to the store and played Forza with Darryl, Sharif, some local redneck with a Veloster fetish, and of course, the ever omnipresent @Tony An. For some reason, my car kept gravitating towards to the GT-R.

Senpai, NOTICE ME.
IrgDGRV.jpg

After another run, in which I pretended to keep up with these fools. Tony was somewhere during all this. Ignore the Volkswa... Hyundai in the background.
3MRr6Cp.jpg

I find your lack of hood scoops... disturbing.

Finally, as mentioned previously in this thread, the meet officially concluded with Pizza at the lodge with, Darryl and Sharif, where we talked shop... and for some reason, uh, terraforming Mars? I'm not making this up. Eventually they saw something on the road and ran off like kids chasing an ice cream van.

I7GmFEu.jpg

3Kcb4Me.jpg

Now class, what did we learn? Turbos kick ***! Also, I had one hell of a solo run down 28 heading back to the resort after this. It was glorious.

Seriously though, this was a good trip, we had a lot of fun, got to meet lots of cool folks, and say hello to old friends. I have tons more pictures, but they're mostly scenery, if anyone wants any, PM me directly or contact me on facespace. Y'all know where to find me.

Next year is up in the air for me, I kind of want to see other areas. 5 dragon trips in 2 years is alot I suppose. Or maybe I'm just insane? Nahhhhh.

Mayhaps next year I will stay later on Sunday and definitely get there earlier in the week. One more year and I'll be up to four weeks of vacation a year, plus 8 days sick time a year. Me needs a faster car. Lol

Back