Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

why not just look though the top of the jug LOL!
Because the back “window” is nice and has the quart measurements on it. You can see how many quarts you’ve emptied into your engine, or how much you have in a leftover bottle.

0C221607-142A-44FE-9003-F5EA75BDAFD4.jpeg
It’s like this if you’ve not used one.

I have a measuring cup too-you get a 5qt jug. The oil change is 4.4 qts with the filter changed out-is this correct? There is a problem however different amounts may come out-so what I would do check the dip stick after adding around four qts -turn over engine let sit then check. MY vfr motorcycle is like this-lots of oil stay in the lines-making the oil change very hard to get the right amount in. I doubt the car would keep holding as much oil, but I would say some won't come out.

I think I will try a Napa 0-20w brand-its syn Valvoline made for napa- $19. for 5 qts and a Napa platinum oil filter for around $11.- 10% off right now. And also get a magnetic drain plug. any know what size the drain plug is?

I think I will try a Napa 0-20w brand-its syn Valvoline made for napa- $19. for 5 qts and a Napa platinum oil filter for around $11.- 10% off right now. And also get a magnetic drain plug. any know what size the drain plug is?
M14 x 1.5

this is funny same size as the srt-4 neon drain plug, srt-4 neon bolt pattern on wheels is the same also-that's how I all ready have after market wheels that fit both cars. In a strange way the Honda is like a modern version of the srt-4 turbo, except the Honda has no turbo, both engines are japan. Both cars has a front limited slip. The srt-4 engine is very special and still is one of the most powerful 4cly engines ever made-its has a cast iron racing engine block and alu heads and is able to hold more boost then just about any engine ever made. I bought the napa syn 5 qt jug today-$19-notice it didn't have snplus on the API just SN., but it has the dextros 2 label- it is valoline oil-missing two additives over the reg syn valonine cost $22. I got a napa platinum oil filter 47356 also for $10.79 -10% discount. I also cancel my credit card today-three charges on it weren't mine. Two sent the money back al ready -someone trying to rob me for $90, not the first time.

I all way s find oil threads interesting and the more knowledge you have with oil-can help keeping a engine running a very long time. Something new has happened the sn and the snplus label on oil. The Honda has a DI engine-I am not sure sn oil is the best for a Honda-I would want to see SN plus on the API label. This new certification SN plus is for a condition that some cars could face with bad results if you are not using a oil that would pass SNplus, but Valvoline seems to be a fron runner in this new oil tech, but Napa oil only has SN on the api label not snplus-it maybe could pass this test but simply not updated. Valvoline labed syn has the snplus label and the wallmart super tech has this snplus also. I do not not know for sure if Honda or which models need this new required oil. Confusing tech is the new normal for Honda and tech that may not work or does work-bugs in the system LOL!

I all way s find oil threads interesting and the more knowledge you have with oil-can help keeping a engine running a very long time. Something new has happened the sn and the snplus label on oil. The Honda has a DI engine-I am not sure sn oil is the best for a Honda-I would want to see SN plus on the API label. This new certification SN plus is for a condition that some cars could face with bad results if you are not using a oil that would pass SNplus, but Valvoline seems to be a fron runner in this new oil tech, but Napa oil only has SN on the api label not snplus-it maybe could pass this test but simply not updated. Valvoline labed syn has the snplus label and the wallmart super tech has this snplus also. I do not not know for sure if Honda or which models need this new required oil. Confusing tech is the new normal for Honda and tech that may not work or does work-bugs in the system LOL!
Your civic doesn’t have direct injection.

Glad it doesn't have DI, where can I find all the internal specs of the SI engine-seems to be a lot of questions how it was built! I think running 5-20 w or 0-30 mobil in summer heat a good idea.

a complete list of all engine parts with specs on pistons, rods, engine block-I have info of srt-4 engine not hard to find . but not on Honda.

a complete list of all engine parts with specs on pistons, rods, engine block-I have info of srt-4 engine not hard to find . but not on Honda.
there is no "list" per say, but you can go through the entire engine piece by piece if you feel the need

pistons
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....6-speed-manual/engine--crankshaft-piston-2-4l
cams
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....-speed-manual/engine--camshaft-cam-chain-2-4l

block/oil pan and on and on
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....ed-manual/engine--cylinder-block-oil-pan-2-4l

go down the left hand side for any part you want info on

Not the info looking for-I would like specs on how strong the engine is when you add power- like forged specs-?
SRT-4 engine can hit close to 500hp on stock lower engine-much more if beefed up-700HP-+! Has a Mitsubishi jap engine 4 63 something like that- SRT-4 race car may still hold the speed record-it was around 230mph-hit 250mph after run turned off-still picking up speed, modded srt-4 like mine , srt-4 has a racing cast Heavy iron engine block-alu top
hit 180mph.

Not the info looking for-I would like specs on how strong the engine is when you add power- like forged specs-?
SRT-4 engine can hit close to 500hp on stock lower engine-much more if beefed up-700HP-+! Has a Mitsubishi jap engine 4 63 something like that- SRT-4 race car may still hold the speed record-it was around 230mph-hit 250mph after run turned off-still picking up speed, modded srt-4 like mine , srt-4 has a racing cast Heavy iron engine block-alu top
hit 180mph.
There are a few over 1000hp with upgraded internals. Bisimoto’s shop hit over 1000hp at the 2011 sema show. Quite a few are ~450hp to the wheels with stock internals without issue. 4th gear has been the weak link in the high 400’s+. A handful of users have had 4th gear break on hard pulls in that hp range. There are a few builds here in the 600hp range with some upgraded internals. Moral of the story is you’ll blow 4th gear before the engine fails from what has been shown here.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/t...g-2012-honda-civic-sema-build-revealed….2919/

Ok, the srt-4 won't blow their gears and go right by the Honda-. SRT-4 neon faster-Honda will out handle on rough roads- daily rider vs 90% race car-SRT-4- extreme duty 5speed-works extremely well-with rare Hurst shifter-Honda a weakling tranny-vs the beast-Zero chance beating srt-4 except for a rare tuner like me>!!@@@ use to speed!

Last edited:
well, he did another test between royal purple and amsoil

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zS8MyvJxU

could be interesting if he really does end up doing a full oil shootout with a bunch of brands. If you want him to test something specific, shoot him a message on youtube. A bunch of people have requested various oils to be in the running over the next few months.

0-20 AND 05-20W TESTING IS NEEDED, not 05-30w. The results might be different. I would guess amsoil would win-how can you beat 100% sys oil. amsoil is way over priced, but might be a option for people who hate to change oil often-me I would change at 3,000-servere service-many short rides, cold weather- oil is cheap compared to a new engine.

Last edited:
0-20 AND 05-20W TESTING IS NEEDED, not 05-30w. The results might be different. I would guess amsoil would win-how can you beat 100% sys oil. amsoil is way over priced, but might be a option for people who hate to change oil often-me I would change at 3,000-servere service-many short rides, cold weather- oil is cheap compared to a new engine.
comment on his channel you want to see those weights

Back