Ktuner or Hondata

OffTheWall

Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
i know most people have chose Hondata FP over Ktuner as their platform. Is there any specific reason why?
Is there a big difference between the two?

Just like webby said, Ktuner and Hondata are both good products if you plan on going FI go Hondata. Ktuner doesn't have many FI settings like boost cut that can save your motor in a situation your vacuum line comes lose from you wastegate. For all motor the Ktuner is much cheaper and is on the same level as Hondata.

good to know my hondata is a good tuner, I plan on tuning my honda si soon hopefully before winter salt when I will have to leave it in garage.:bananawhipdance::beer:

Derrick Robinson from innovative motorsports
And rob Rainer from Prayontoon are both good tuners.

i can recommend etunez. tuned my stock si with a drop in k and n filter so far. cost is $250 for a tune. $79 for a re tune if you ad I/H/E in the future.

^another company that was pretty big on the 8th gens

How much performance gain could you expect with a stock honda si 2013? I want to add a exhaust but will wait till spring don's want it to get rusty even though it will stay in garage when the salt comes. I don't have a laptop or a smart phone just a desk computer. :vtec:

It works just fine with a desktop computer no need to plug a laptop to the car. I believe a fully stock SI tuned on 93 makes 182 WHP and 165 Ft-lbs

I noticed a big difference with my stock tune. Smoother power all the way to redline. Always found a little hiccup I would call it around 3or 4 grand mid to heavy throttle like a drop in power. That was gone with the tune. Fuel mileage is the same if not better, hard to tell when you want to drive it faster after.

that is quite a difference, certainly worth a tune. I got my tuner fairly cheap. Just have to find some time.:clapping:

Does look like it-maybe shows how poor the stock tune really is-not tuned for 93 which is what I run, one more thing it does is improve shifting, seems a built in lag on the stock tune-really awful.:hyper:

Does that say 236 from a stock tune?? Are you sure?
Ugh they have the wrong dyno pic on the 2012 si page. The detail at the top says tsx for that pic, so that graph is wrong. I didn’t notice till you commented. I removed the pic to avoid confusion

Back