Getting a new rear sway bar. (Eibach/Progress) Where to purchase?

wpillera

Hey guys,

I am ready to pull the trigger on a thicker sway bar for the rear. I would be OK with either the Eibach or Progress sway bars. However, I am more interested int the Progress sway bar since it has much more adjustability options than the Eibach, although its about $100 more.

Where is a good online place to purchase these?

Thanks

@ElDiabloBlanco Havent done any other suspension work other than replacing rear shocks with new KYB shocks. I'm guessing your going to tell me I need coilovers to feel the difference with a new sway bar? From what I've seen on the forums it looks like most people can feel a significant difference on stock suspension.

@ElDiabloBlanco Havent done any other suspension work other than replacing rear shocks with new KYB shocks. I'm guessing your going to tell me I need coilovers to feel the difference with a new sway bar? From what I've seen on the forums it looks like most people can feel a significant difference on stock suspension.

Actually nope. My car is still sitting on stock struts and springs. I've installed both Sirimoto chassis and subframe suspension kit. I can feel the significant difference with these kits on. I'm getting coilovers eventually.

@ElDiabloBlanco Oh nice, gotcha. DIdn't mean to come off as a smart *** in the previous message by the way. :)

You, sir, are a smart aleck ! LoL, you're good, my friend. I was curious to know what kind of pre-setup you were running if any. You'll definitely feel the difference with a rear sway bar. You'll feel more traction from the rear and less rear body roll. You should be able to oversteer a bit more and correct the car's current understeer.

With the current setup I have right now, it is almost as if I do not need either sway bars for now. I know I'm going with camber kit and coilovers eventually like I mentioned.

Haha, glad to see all is calm.. Anyways, so pumped to see what difference the sway bar makes! I decided to go with the Progress 22mm sway bar with reinforcement brackets. Also ordered Moog sway bar end links, which are way thicker and beefier than OEM. Should have all my parts in by Friday. I'll post here after its installed and let you guys know the difference.

Im
Haha, glad to see all is calm.. Anyways, so pumped to see what difference the sway bar makes! I decided to go with the Progress 22mm sway bar with reinforcement brackets. Also ordered Moog sway bar end links, which are way thicker and beefier than OEM. Should have all my parts in by Friday. I'll post here after its installed and let you guys know the difference.

I'm stoked for you. Please do let us know how everything goes for you. You made a purchase before I could and now I can see and learn from your experience before I get mine. I was discussing with a member regarding to my suspension setup. Progress is one of the two brands sway bar I was recommended.

Excuse me? Amusing? :eek: :bananasplit: :brock:

Yes we are all calm besides one guy (ain't mentioning his name).. :hiding:

Shhhhh !!!! Don't, don't... Please, Gawd, don't... Nobody needs to remember the boogeyman with an ugly Christmas sweater, hat, burned face, and one hand for claws... Don't give him any more power. It is what I mean by "bad advertisement" ;-)

Did you have a particular reasoning to go with the 22mm vs the 24mm? I'm a bum and can't pull the trigger on anything. :bananawhipdance:

Good to know , your a bum! Do you sit on a bridge and ask for money to let people pass too:rotfl::spazface: I would go for the 24 though and its on my list after I get that worthless tire sensor turned off and exhaust on.

Yes we are all calm besides one guy (ain't mentioning his name).. :hiding:

You can't even hint at him-- he shows up if he even gets implied in conversation.

He showed RIGHT UP.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Good to know , your a bum! Do you sit on a bridge and ask for money to let people pass too:rotfl::spazface: I would go for the 24 though and its on my list after I get that worthless tire sensor turned off and exhaust on.
That sounds like a troll that you're referring to. And you of all people should know what a troll is.... ******* Troll.

This group is something else man, hahaha.

Did you have a particular reasoning to go with the 22mm vs the 24mm? I'm a bum and can't pull the trigger on anything. :bananawhipdance:

I got the 22mm because I think it'll be more daily drive-able, and mostly because it was cheaper. Also, I was told by a buddy who got his 24mm kit that he didn't even use the end links that came in the kit. He says that they can back off on their own being that theyre adjustable.

This group is something else man, hahaha.

I got the 22mm because I think it'll be more daily drive-able, and mostly because it was cheaper. Also, I was told by a buddy who got his 24mm kit that he didn't even use the end links that came in the kit. He says that they can back off on their own being that theyre adjustable.

Seems like that's common to not use the end links that came with the 24mm.

That's actually most of my hold up. I want the 24mm, but don't want the extra hardware that causes most of the price increase. I wish the 24mm was sold by itself. I just keep hoping that one will pop up used for sale.

Back