What are your thoughts about online dating?

I'd say it's worth it to try. What's there to lose? Obviously, be safe with who and where you are meeting. I met my wife online! Two kids and 5yrs later we are still doing wonderfully. I guess it depends on what you are looking for when you sign up, but I say go for it, even if you aren't looking for marriage or anything like that. Might be a different way to make some friends

I personally know two people who both met their wife/husband from online dating. One has been married like 15yrs with 2 kids, and the other couple married like 6yrs.

I have a buddy who just got married over the weekend after online dating. I did it briefly with more frustration than anything. Met my lady thru a non-dating site, meetup. We hung out with people with similar interests, did stuff in groups and then moved on from there.

i used a free one called plenty of fish. i have no idea if its even up anymore. i signed up drunk one night. only met one girl on it.

Plenty of fish was bought out in 2015 by Match.com, but their site is still around. The two couples I knew that got married - one person met through Match, and the other met through tinder.

“In 2015 Plenty of Fish was sold for $575 million to Match Group (owner of Match.com, OKCupid and Tinder, based in Dallas).”

I believe it was Bumble that my buddy met his now wife on.

Nothing wrong with it and can be easier than trying to spark up a conversation if your more of an introvert.
I met my wife on Bumble 3 years ago? Had our 1 year anniversary yesterday.

Most of my friends were married, having kids or in serious relationships so it was hard for me to go out on my own and try to talk to the ladies. So online thing was a good avenue for me. I had a few flops, some that were a couple dates and one or two I dated for a couple months. Then I found my now wife.

A good friend of mine met his with on Match.com close to 7 years ago, married for 5 with 2 kids now.

Back in my day there weren't dating sites out there... No Tinder with the easy hookups. smh

I never signed up for Facebook so that prevented me from a lot of online sites

i recently quit going on facebook other than market place to sell stuff. greatest decision ever.

I have tried to deactivate my account quite a few times, but am always drawn back in by needing to sign into a site that I signed up for with my facebook creds. One of these days I'll finally go and create new accounts for those and deactivate once and for all, but I've gotten pretty good at just ignoring the app. I don't even get the urge to scroll the feed anymore. I stopped actively using FB around 3 years ago.

i recently quit going on facebook other than market place to sell stuff. greatest decision ever.

I really swore off almost all social media way back when FB came out. Not sure why, just never had the urge to sign up.. really glad I didn't, it kept me off of Tinder :rotfl:

Never? :eek: Good for you man!
My Facebook feed isn't too bad. I'll see the occasional political bullshit but mostly it's "Jimmy had a good day at school" or "I checked into this restaurant and had X food" which I'm fine with. I'd rather see that than the political stuff (from either side/party).

I'm just on it to get in contact with family that lives in various states. I do have a few friends that I like to see updates. Two friends don't have Facebook but I'm friends with their wives whom post pictures/updates about the family which is nice to see.

I do like seeing @Nomar06 's updates with that sexy beard ROAR! :giggle:

Never? :eek: Good for you man!

My Facebook feed isn't too bad. I'll see the occasional political bullshit but mostly it's "Jimmy had a good day at school" or "I checked into this restaurant and had X food" which I'm fine with. I'd rather see that than the political stuff (from either side/party).

I'm just on it to get in contact with family that lives in various states. I do have a few friends that I like to see updates. Two friends don't have Facebook but I'm friends with their wives whom post pictures/updates about the family which is nice to see.

I do like seeing @Nomar06 's updates with that sexy beard ROAR! :giggle:

I had an instagram for a while and I still have a snapchat that I get one every once in a while

I'm going to have to judge this beard for myself :rotfl:

I had an instagram for a while and I still have a snapchat that I get one every once in a while

I'm going to have to judge this beard for myself :rotfl:

I have IG, SnapChat, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter (rarely use).

Come at me @webby :fightmebro:

Back