Pics of the new ride ('12 TSX SE 6spd, Pearl White)

RaskyR1

I forgot my DSLR at the shop so my phone pics will have to do for now. I'll have a big new car prep article in a week or two. ;)

I must say this has been the best new car experience I've had and the dealer was awesome! Car was unmolested and 100% defect free when I arrived and was sitting inside for me to inspect. No detailing had been done other than a touch-less wash and tire glossing.
IMG_22201280x946.jpg

I drove the car back to MN, which was a 455 mile trip. At the 300 mile mark in the middle of BFE Iowa I noticed I still had over a half tank of gas at the 300 mile mark (car had 12 miles on it when I left) with plenty of gas left to make it the whole way! 34mpg is what I ended up getting averaging 75mph! Not bad!
IMG_22231280x927.jpg

Car was covered in bugs when I got home so she got a bath the next morning and I started prepping it for Opti-Guard, which I will cover in my article.
IMG_22301280x956.jpg

IMG_22291280x956.jpg

IMG_22281280x943.jpg

All prepped and coated...still need to do the wheels though.
IMG_22471280x956.jpg

Of course it rained on my way home from the shop but the coating was beading well. ;)
IMG_22481280x942.jpg

More to come at a later date but I'm loving it so far and it reminds me a lot of my 8th gen Si. :vtec:

Rasky

congrats rasky. Glad to hear your dealership experience went so well. Great results on the gas driving home as well for a car that size.

question about bugs... do you have a product you like the most to get rid of bug guts off side mirrors/bumpers? I have tried a number of things, but wanted to see if you had a product you liked the most? Or a product you apply to losen things up prior to going to a touchless car wash?

Nice new ride. It is like a big brother to the 9thgens. Haha.

congrats rasky. Glad to hear your dealership experience went so well. Great results on the gas driving home as well for a car that size.

question about bugs... do you have a product you like the most to get rid of bug guts off side mirrors/bumpers? I have tried a number of things, but wanted to see if you had a product you liked the most? Or a product you apply to losen things up prior to going to a touchless car wash?

There are several degreasers/bug removers that will soften them up but they can also diminish/strip your wax. Once you have Opti-Guard applied to the car you only need a pressure washer and they come off with ease! ;)

Laying a large beach towel soaked in warm water over the panel for a few minutes helps soften them up too.

so if someone brings their car to you with bug guts all over, you just put a warm towel on the bumper?

so if someone brings their car to you with bug guts all over, you just put a warm towel on the bumper?

LOL. No, sorry. It's just a way for you to help remove them without the use of cleaners which can strip wax. For me I'm going to be polishing a clients car anyway and I remove most the wax prior by foaming the vehicle down with OPT Power Clean, which also works pretty well at loosening up bugs.

Here are a couple that can help with bug removal. ;)

P21S TAW

Einszett Anti-Insekt Bug & Tar Remover

OPT Power Clean

Poor Boys Bug Squash

thank you much sir... that's what I was looking for. Not worried about stripping wax or anything off the car.

thank you much sir... that's what I was looking for. Not worried about stripping wax or anything off the car.

No Prob. Be sure the paint is cool to the touch, don't use them in direct sunlight and don't let them dry on the paint. They do aid in cleaning but you may still have to scrub them with a mitt a few times depending on how long they sat on the paint. They work best when used with a pressure washer and are allowed to dwell for a while.

Detail sprays can be used with soft MF towels to remove small amounts of fresh bugs after driving too. ;)

Some better pics...not too many of the interior though.

Bugs Bugs and more bugs!
20120503-_MG_6929.jpg

20120503-_MG_6930.jpg

All better :)
20120503-_MG_6962.jpg

Interior
20120503-_MG_6946.jpg

20120503-_MG_6945.jpg

20120503-_MG_6942.jpg

20120503-_MG_6943.jpg

20120503-_MG_6944.jpg

WeatherTech! :thumb:
20120503-_MG_6978.jpg

All prepped and coated with Opti-Guard
20120504-_MG_6995.jpg

20120504-_MG_6991.jpg

20120504-_MG_6993.jpg

20120504-_MG_6997.jpg

20120504-_MG_6998.jpg

I'll try and get sun pics this week. :)

Rasky

how's cleaning the center seat material going to be... difficult?

I would think just as easy as any other to get the dirt off....not sure if there are any special treatments for suede materials.

Any tips Rasky? I have some suede/Alcantara in the 330.

Back