Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

I need to drive my car 110 miles round trip to work 3-5 times a week. I sit in bad Boston traffic and also hit long spans of no traffic at all. So I'm not willing to potentially reduce the reliability or functionality of my daily driver. I never cheap out on anything I do to my cars and stick to proven mods when I do. I too hate seeing what a lot of people do to their cars and trucks, but I just tell myself that its their vehicle, and I was young once too and I did a lot of things to my cars I would shake my head at now.

With the WRX, other than small audio upgrades and the extended armrest console cover, and light window tint, I don't see myself doing much to it except taking care of it and driving it.

One thing I've seen on WRX forums is guys replacing their head unit with one from a Forrester. You retain every feature (aux/iPod/USB, BT, steering wheel controls) but gain HD radio and a much better 4.5" display screen with more info displayed. I might do that and aftermarket speakers.

I have a Pioneer DVD receiver with Kenwoods in the front and Pioneers in the rear. I have a cheap sub that works and a 2nd hand amp. I just rented a 2013 Ford Fusion (Sofa) for two days while my car was in the shop getting the clutch and stuff replaced. The Fusion had a better stereo except for one thing, bass. It just couldn't hit the bass right. I drive 40 miles round trip in traffic that is a hodgepodge mix of assholes from all over the United States and the World (thank you Navy, Army, Air Force, and NATO). It's a freaking nightmare like anywhere in VA is. Anyway, I just need some level of comfort (shouldaboughtanFXT) and reliability (SCORE) with sounds (Aftermarket all the way). My car is bland but oddly enough, pretty freaking quick (YAY VF30 and Phatbotti tuning). OH yeah, and it needs to be able to tackle snow with a vengeance once in a while.

My big concern now about buying a '13 WRX is that the '14 looks to be a bit of a better car. So I might end up kicking myself for not waiting to either buy a ' 14 or get a better deal on a '13 when they try to clear them out.

It's not a big deal, first year subies aren't the pick of the litter, anyways. Up until very recently, subaru generally shoved problems under the carpet (which killed my 02{?} legacy wagon - head gasket blown, if I had known more back then, I would of replaced it with the turbo engine's gaskets, but I couldn't even replace a spark plug [another issue with many subies] back then. Though it was my first car purchase, it was used, and I learned a lot from trying to fix it).

power is irrelevant, it's all about handling

I don't disagree, but after the new car sensation wears off I'll bet cold hard cash you'll be looking for more ponies. :spinning:

Don't get me wrong. I think they're both great cars, and I have no issues with them whatsoever. I understand they didn't want to eat up WRX sales by giving them more power/turbos from the factory. I just feel like they should have come with a little more than 200hp. I have no idea why I think that, but I do. (insert Tim Allen grunt here) :fistpump:

Found this on Reddit

XTOwxh.jpg

Crap. I need that.

Back