Brake creaking

Shawn855

Hey hey again!

2013 civic LX 1200 kilometers. Automatic.

I was wondering how long until my brakes stop creaking? What I mean by that is: From a perfectly still position, if I press in the brakes a tad bit firm, the brakes creak. I notice it all the time when I go from a cold start, press in the brake, then put it in gear, the little jump from the transmission (Park to Drive) will cause the brakes to creak as well. I'm just assuming that they are breaking in, but I'm not 100% sure because I've never experienced this on any of my new vehicles.

Thanks again for your patience!

Hey hey again!

2013 civic LX 1200 kilometers. Automatic.

I was wondering how long until my brakes stop creaking? What I mean by that is: From a perfectly still position, if I press in the brakes a tad bit firm, the brakes creak. I notice it all the time when I go from a cold start, press in the brake, then put it in gear, the little jump from the transmission (Park to Drive) will cause the brakes to creak as well. I'm just assuming that they are breaking in, but I'm not 100% sure because I've never experienced this on any of my new vehicles.

Thanks again for your patience!
My brakes still do that after 17k miles. I have a 2012 LX 5spd MT sedan. It's the rear drums. I never bothered taking them apart to look, but that noise comes from the brakes sticking. I'm sure opening em up and using some synthetic brake grease in the right spots would help a lot, but it hasn't bothered me enough to take the 15 minutes to do it.

I'm surprised nobody else has as this issue. I thought for sure there would be many others since its really noticeable if you pay attention when braking while in park in the driveway. Perhaps Ill take a stroll to the dealership and see what they say. Thanks Mikey!

Happens on my truck as well, 4 disc brakes all around on that. Though I mostly park that car outside...

With the window up, I don't hear it. Well, I also couldn't hear my brake wear indicators until it was almost all worn away.

Back