2013 Si's have no accessory light switches???

RHelton10

Atlanta, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
So I ordered the 5 pin push button accessory / fog light switch mentioned in another thread here (part # 08E10-TAO-1M035) and got the wiring harness from another member. Took the blank out of the dash that the switch would fit in, and it does "technically" fit, but will not "click" into place. It's also protruding about 1/2" and not sitting in the dash flush (see picture).

I called College Hills Honda and it seems that Honda did not make a switch for these blanks in the 2013, and something changed between the '12 and '13 models with the side of these blanks.

Anyone else run into this problem and/or found a solution for this? I could go with a generic toggle but I really wanted to keep the OEM look.

Attachments

• IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 103
I think they removed it, partly because some trims of the Civic (actually, I think just the Hybrid) use up all three spaces.

Same deal with the 9th gen Accord, too.

As for functionality, it is the same, except the (now) imaginary switch is always, "on."

I've used I switch like ^ that before. Sucks to hear they won't work in the 13 models.

Maybe you could buy a 2012 switch panel to swap out with your 2013, which would make the switch fit. I have no idea if the two are interchangeable, but just thought I'd mention it.

If other trims of the civic have buttons in those spaces, maybe you could order replacement buttons from another trim to put in yours

If other trims of the civic have buttons in those spaces, maybe you could order replacement buttons from another trim to put in yours

I've found similar buttons on the hybrid model (LDW and Traction Control) but haven't been able to confirm it's the same size opening yet. I'll stop by a dealership soon and look at one.

Maybe you could buy a 2012 switch panel to swap out with your 2013, which would make the switch fit. I have no idea if the two are interchangeable, but just thought I'd mention it.

I'll double-check but I don't believe that part of the panel is removable. If it seems to be, I'll update this post later.

Aw thats shaithy. The only thing I could think of would be to get a flush mount small switch and dremel out the center of the blank plug. It could look very "stock" especially if it's not a large button.

Check these out, they are all 12v so you can wire it right into your car without any resistors or anything.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g52...oggle_Switches-LED_Rocker_Switches-Page1.html

Thanks; I've done this before in past vehicles but, to me, it still doesn't seem as OEM as I'd like. I just switched it back to the blank today and hard-wired the LED's in with a fuse that is only powered on with the ignition (fuse hole #23). I really don't mind them staying on so I may just leave it this way.

I wouldnt. Its never gonna look flush. If the wiring is holding you back. Just msg me the switch and I can draw up an exact wiring layout.

I've looked into hybrid and accord accessory switches but haven't seen anything yet. Everything seems to be connected to turn signal connector.
What about the ambient light kit for the 2013s +? That kit controlled by a switch button?

Back