9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods are irrelevant (people don't really care, attendance is priority)

I understand that, just got a nice baseline for the car from when I was up there yesterday and couple weeks before that. Would be nice to compare it with the new suspension mods. Plus I have two trackdays between now and the dragon that I want to install them for as well.

I'll be working on the itinerary tonight. I'm going to have group drives each day, and adding food outings at the cabin both fri-sat.

I'm discontinuing the exhaust video, there isnt a lot of cars, and most of us had what we had last year or our cars are stock so I don't see the need for it.

Yeah I'm glad the exhaust video is getting discontinued. It was cool once but after that it was alot of work for not much in return.. lol

Cut it a little close this year but I have my room booked. Checking in Tuesday the 16th and departing Monday the 22nd. The extra days are totally justified. :D
Look for the Apex Blue Metallic CR. I'll be there from the previous Wednesday.

@etf

V10-Volvo-14-800x533.jpg

V10-Volvo-10-800x533.jpg

V10-Volvo-09-800x533.jpg

V10-Volvo-12-800x533.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/08/volvo-242-bmw-m5-v10-gatebil/

Well, I have the skyway drive scheduled for Thursday, so with less traffic it should be a really fun ride. We will start out at the dragon, run up to where the pizza place is, then go back on the skyway to Robbinsville. Less cars for that ride should make it fairly good.

Is Connor coming?
I think so, won't know for another week or two I guess, he mentioned something about August on FB.

Is it September yet??!

Not yet which is good.....

Been chasing a noise from my serpentine belt area, new water pump, alternator and tensioner and while those parts where bad it's not all that bad, new noise is coming from the crank pulley....

Not yet which is good.....

Been chasing a noise from my serpentine belt area, new water pump, alternator and tensioner and while those parts where bad it's not all that bad, new noise is coming from the crank pulley....

How much is a crank pulley? Too bad you cant get a grimspeed pulley for your car. I put one on my car as a percaution.

Time for a miata?

How much is a crank pulley? Too bad you cant get a grimspeed pulley for your car. I put one on my car as a percaution.

Time for a miata?

It's 50 bucks, but the bolt is a pain to remove.

Miata will have to happen next year....

The ralco pulley set is pretty nice. Getting that crank pulley off sucks *** though. I went through NSTs and Ralcos. Thought I was selling the car so I put it all back & then kept it. Buh. Once it's off one time it's not so bad. Paid a shop as much as the pulleys cost to do the job though....

There is a special adapter for Honda/Acura crank pulleys. It's like $30 all over the internet.

Vid on how to do it.

I have done it once and I dunno if I want to do it again... I am just going with stock stuff

I did it twice in a row on a 7th. (Seal was leaking at the camshaft and had to pull it apart again to fix it.) Not fun at all to break the bolt the first time...especially on a 10 year old card. In addition to the crank pulley tool, I had to use two breaker bars and a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back