Anyone here a beer advocate?

Yeah, it was ridiculously overpriced. Sucks was $7.99 when I can get it locally for $1 less.

I think I spent over $1200 on beer this year. :giggle:

My Bourbon collection is doing pretty well at the moment despite a recent setback in the purchasing dept. Id say about $100 a month isn't too far off.

I have a collection of Sierra Nevada from a trip down to northern California. Some Oliva and Narwhal. Also have a couple bottles of their barrel-aged Narwhal.

Their Oliva Belgian-style Triple is pretty good.

Reactions: Nix
For the stuff in the fridge, I can get piss drunk on one bottle. Yeah it's 25oz of 13% beer. Maybe the bottle of mead. That stuff will **** you up. Or the 100 proof bourbon (not in the fridge). Hmm. I haven't had anything tonight...

What's your poison @FooBird ?

I like a lot of the new belgian sours that are available. Especially any variety of Gose. I read about it in a beer book once and though I would never see it in my lifetime. It seems to be fairly common now in craft beer places. I love it. Sour, salty, tart, and wild tasting.

Aside from that rum just kills me. Bourbon I can collect since it doesn't disappear so fast. I only like it when I'm sharing it. Rum I can drink on my own. Same with scotch.

Rum wise I'm a big fan of Flor De Cana 7 year and El Dorado 12 or 15 year. I can't keep those in the house.

Bourbon wise I love me some Knob Creek and Evan Williams 1783. Better stuff too but those are my go to's. Same with Heaven Hill 8yr bottled in bond.

What's your poison @FooBird ?

I like a lot of the new belgian sours that are available. Especially any variety of Gose. I read about it in a beer book once and though I would never see it in my lifetime. It seems to be fairly common now in craft beer places. I love it. Sour, salty, tart, and wild tasting.

Aside from that rum just kills me. Bourbon I can collect since it doesn't disappear so fast. I only like it when I'm sharing it. Rum I can drink on my own. Same with scotch.

Rum wise I'm a big fan of Flor De Cana 7 year and El Dorado 12 or 15 year. I can't keep those in the house.

Bourbon wise I love me some Knob Creek and Evan Williams 1783. Better stuff too but those are my go to's. Same with Heaven Hill 8yr bottled in bond.

I have a bottle Knob right now - the single barrel reserve stuff. That's bad because it just disappears - but I meter my burn of that to bottle/month even if it goes too quickly. You give me a nice scotch, I'll have that too. I don't do rum or many other spirits. But I do love me some nice bourbon.

As for the beer. I do love me darker beers - porters, stouts. Right now - tripels and quads. My favorite quad is Ommegang's Three Philosophers. I also have some Sierra Nevada Narwhal (Imp. stout) both regular and barrel-aged and Sierra Nevada Oliva (tripel). I may have splurged on my trip to northern California last week and I have a particular fondness of Sierra Nevada brews because I "grew up" drinking that stuff in college (yay Chico State!!!!). Kinda spoils you when you have a nice brewery like that 2 miles from college and pints are $3 around town.

IPA's are losing to me right now. Way too many that are just straight pine flavored. It seems like a cop out of late. Hey, we have a new IPA. It's bitter and piney. Nah. Give me something smooth and good.

I had my first experience with a sour two weeks ago. That's a completely different type of beer. I had the sour from Schooner Exact in Seattle. It was like a Sweet Tart. It was very sour but sweet at the same time. I don't know if I could do a whole pint, but the few ounces in the tasters I was doing was good. Definitely wasn't ready for it though.

Anderson Valley Gose. Or if you can find it Old Ritterguts Gose from Germany are fantastic entry beers to the sour category. Also keep an eye out for the Duchesse de Bourgogne 750ml bottles. It should be around $12.50 although I saw it for $25 until I corrected them on the pricing. hahahaha...

yeah, I love sours. especially in the summer. In the cold weather I have to say the North Coast Old Rasputin Stout is my go to. I love that ish. 9% though. If you need knob, let me know. That is local fare here. Easy to snag for cheap. PM me and such. hahahaha

I be dealing.....

Cool. Liquor gets a nice 20.5% sales tax and $3 bottle tax here in WA. Get ready to tack on $10-15 in tax on a bottle
Ouch.

This is delicious. It is definitely one of my favorite Imperial Stouts (Better than Storm King, but not Breakfast).
IMG_7755_zpse8929922.jpg

Anderson Valley Gose. Or if you can find it Old Ritterguts Gose from Germany are fantastic entry beers to the sour category. Also keep an eye out for the Duchesse de Bourgogne 750ml bottles. It should be around $12.50 although I saw it for $25 until I corrected them on the pricing. hahahaha.

I didn't know Anderson Valley had a gose... I'm going to have to keep a look out. I've still been waiting to find Hoppin Frog's.

Have you ever had Westbrook gose? It's so good. Went through about a case of it this summer.

Also finally had New Belgium LA Folie this summer. It was amazing. Very similar but even better than Duchesse.. Which is saying a lot.

Wow yea, duchesse is awesome. Ill have to look for the new belgium stuff

Anderson Valley just put out a new blood orange gose a couple weeks ago. It's pretty nice. It actually tastes slightly of oranges.

Only 4.2% alc.? That's baby juice.:bananapoke:

Back