get a 2012 si or wait till 2013 is available?

get a 2012 si or wait till 2013 is available?

Votes: 7 87.5%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TH360xx

Im in the market for trading up my 2012 civic LX for an si either 2012 or 2013.

I wanted gather some opinions from you guys if you have either the 12 or 13 and let me know which is better.. I dont wanna rush into a 12 if the 13 is significantly better..

all it will take is to look at one. I personally don't like how cheap the 12 interior looks. and the exterior looks so much better. plus also if you like the wing spoiler or the deck lid. 13 has wing and 12 has deck lid. I would go 13 any day

Sedan or coupe? The sedans had a lot of upgrades for 2013. The coupe got the updates in 2014.

well if he can avoid the cost, and depreciation expenses, it would be a much smarter move if he is able to find a model that is in a previous year.

civic Si dont depreciate that much plus you get warranty

I love my 13. My cousin has a 12 Si and he told me that it feels smoother driving, and the sound dampening is a great addition to this decision. Also the interior in the 13's are significantly better than the 12's. I recommend either getting the 13 or waiting for a 14 or 15.

I had both a 12 and 13 Si sedan. Both are great cars performance wise but the upgrades to the interior as well as the extra insulation they added to the '13 really makes it seem like a different car. I would suggest driving both if you can to make your own decision. If you find the differences don't matter to you I'm guessing you could get a really good deal on a '12.

Good luck!

Yes, this. ^^^

if you can get a super deal and save a ton, get the 2012. You could have someone sound insulate the cabin with the savings. You could also get an improved rear sway bar, which was also improved on the 2013+ I believe.

Thanks for the input guys greatyly appreciated :)
2013 si all the way, looks alone are enough for me, although I have the coupe and I believe you are in the market for the sedan. Either way the 2012s had kore issues, of course since it being the first year of a new generation.

Back