Honda-Fan's Silver Machine

While I'm waiting for my hood to ship, I went ahead and replaced some of my stickers. I restuck my Gundam sticker which was peeling, and added one special sticker that I got a while ago. The next sticker up for replacement is my Eat Sleep Honda slap. It's cracking pretty bad.

For the uninitiated, a 'Miracle Whip' is a term for a car that you plan to keep forever.

IMG_20200809_121834.jpg

Well if its a good hood-i see a lot of junky one's. I want a full photo spread with models.:flame:

I've had to e-mail Hardmotion about where it is today, I haven't gotten any response back...

It's been 3 weeks. :(

I emailed hardmotion about their ct-e SC and got zero reponse, they act like they aren't even in business and no telephone number either-that might be why? None is there? Maybe every died all at once-because something is really wrong here.:confuzzled:

Last edited:
I have ordered from Hardmotion before in the past, they really are a stand up company. If anything, I'd say their suppliers are shafting them right now. My suspicion would be the suppliers are selling directly to buyers to make up for poor sales due to the Rona and shafting distributors on their orders. Just a guess, but i wouldn't be surprised. But at the end of the day, you gotta do you brotha.

:shadycorn:If they chardged your card , I would dispute the charge right away and get the money back. They are running a ebay ad saying they have a ct-e super charger-i believe someone is trying to sell something they don't even have.:drooling: i wounldn't buy anything online unless there is a telephone number. Maybe get a used honda hood and repaint it- i like how light they are-not really saving much weight or posibly fix the old hood. May have returned to a life of crime.:lildevil: Just went on hardmotion web site-yes i can buy a CT-e super charger that they stopped making 2 years ago and they will charge my credit card only $4,095, stage 2 is $4250. After webby alerted me that they stopped making them 2 years ago- I thought this could be a scam!:spazface:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm gonna hold out for a response from them; I'm not in a rush, really... But I do want to know if it's at least still coming. I don't mind if I have to wait until even next year -- I just want that confidence.

Sunofwolf, I think they may have just not updated the listing. I doubt people come in asking for the CT-E very often, so it's probably just sitting until someone unfortunately tries to buy it.

from what i saw the ct-e was quite successful and in demand. I am now looking at merc racing Mr1900 that claims a 10 sec car with a honda si. Why is hardmotion showing they have a super charger that isn't being made for the last two years-? I supect a very big problem has hit hardmotion and if i were you by next week no response start trying to get your money back right away. Don't get burned. If you file a claim and the part comes in the mean time just cancel it.:shadycorn:

Last edited:
I emailed hardmotion about their ct-e SC and got zero reponse, they act like they aren't even in business and no telephone number either-that might be why? None is there? Maybe every died all at once-because something is really wrong here.:confuzzled:

Right on their home page at the bottom. They also have a statement about covid shipping -
https://hardmotion.com/covid-19-shipping-times/

=================================================

Screenshot_2020-08-23 HARDmotion - Hyper Auto Race Development.png

well if they took that long , I would order somewhere else. Why :bananapop:not answering emails?:guitar:

Hardmotion's the cheapest Seibon dealer right now, so I'd like to hold out for them if I can. I doubt my chances of getting one will increase if I switch dealers right now.

Last edited:
Perhaps china cloned one? my cnt china downpipe is working ok, so far. Does it have those mean looking vents?

Last edited:
Perhaps china cloned one? my cnt china downpipe is working ok, so far. Does it have those mean looking vents?

The key to why I want a Seibon hood is that they actually bother to UV-coat the things. Everyone else just hands you a resin-coat that yellows once it hits sunlight for too long. So yes, there are lots of other options, but for the price of clear-coating it afterward, I'd be out of twice as much.

I was thinking of trying the alu spoons in the subframe- I could see why they would work -the cheapo way Honda sends out the sub frame connections with just a bolt and no real bushings. It does look like a good hood if you actually get it. I think they make two styles one with vents and one without. The vented one's I just wonder if they leak in rain which would be a problem. The vented one looks kind of mean but keep the engine running cooler-not needed in maine however. i would be worried about rain. As a weight saving-fairly minor. Perhaps it would hold up better from stone chips.:shady: They make a 2013 civic si hood that has no vents $750 with vents $800. My cnt downpipe was $290, a expensive one was more than double that, I may go catless next year if my catted downpipe won't pass inspection.

Last edited:
Back