Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Wife went to honda yesterday to get an oil change ( got 4 free ones when we got the car ) asked her to pick up 6 oil filters for my car. Parts was closed to customers so she had to get them through the advisor who proceeded to ask her if she wanted the gaskets with the filters, then txt me to ask me the same question. This confused me so hard. I started to wonder if they started to sell then separate but they don't. The advisor just didn't know what he was talking about.

The main reason for people thinking they are getting ripped off at a dealer is the fault of advisor's that have no idea what they're talking about 90% of the time.

0C this morning, going to be a high of 9C so i drove the SI. guy near me owns a mk6 gti and we drive most of the way to work together. never met him before. he must have liked the smell from my car because he never passed me.

Wife went to honda yesterday to get an oil change ( got 4 free ones when we got the car ) asked her to pick up 6 oil filters for my car. Parts was closed to customers so she had to get them through the advisor who proceeded to ask her if she wanted the gaskets with the filters, then txt me to ask me the same question. This confused me so hard. I started to wonder if they started to sell then separate but they don't. The advisor just didn't know what he was talking about.

The main reason for people thinking they are getting ripped off at a dealer is the fault of advisor's that have no idea what they're talking about 90% of the time.
I'm guessing he was talking about crush washers for the drain plug. Usually they sell people oil filters and the crush washers together if they're doing their oil changes themselves. Maybe he was galling them "gaskets" and didn't know what to call the washers?

I'm guessing he was talking about crush washers for the drain plug. Usually they sell people oil filters and the crush washers together if they're doing their oil changes themselves. Maybe he was galling them "gaskets" and didn't know what to call the washers?
That would make sense. I was thinking that yesterday as well. I'm using blox magnetic drain plugs so I'm not sure if they would even fit.

Reactions: Dad
That would make sense. I was thinking that yesterday as well. I'm using blox magnetic drain plugs so I'm not sure if they would even fit.
yea the crush washer would still work. Your magnetic plug would have the same thread pitch/count as stock, so the honda crush washer would fit. If you're not getting any leaks from the drain plug, you're probably okay. I know some people don't use the washers.

I was going to say the same about the crush washer.
Honda should just sell them together as one instead of billing you $0.10 for each washer separate from the oil filter.

Asking for that washer is like asking for ketchup at Wendy's.

They act like you're asking for their Social Security Number!

.10 a washer????? I feel like the last time a honda dealer charged me .90-1.10 per crush washer for oil drain/trans drain. :face-puke:

They usually just give them to me for free. But I buy a ton of stuff from their parts dept. whatever the bigger washer on one of the tranny plugs is can be a little pricey.

Every time I’d go I’d buy $150-200+ from 3-4 filters, washers, enough trans fluid for drain/fill a couple times, some wiper inserts etc. Nothing “free”.

Back