Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

They’re not the worst looking vehicles. However, if you get into an accident, if these suffer from the same design flaw of integrated bumpers, you’re going to total the vehicle or go to the poor house.

Drivers heated seat stopped working on the Tacoma shortly after we got it. Found this little module that they call an amp and the connector for the heated seat pad melted. Toyota uses molex connectors for their heated seats!

I purchased a 2 year warranty on the truck but after some research it seems like it will probably happen again as the molex connector terminals are too small for the amperage. So I decided to use some extra terminals I had in my box at work. I'm thinking of replacing the electrical tape with heat shrink tube but I'm worried it will be too large to fit them back on. Just worried about them touching as you can see I've ground down the plastic in order to clean off the one pin.

I'll solder the wires to the heating pad harness tomorrow and hope the truck doesn't burn down.
1000005467.jpg1000005466.jpg1000005566.jpg1000005567.jpg

For an EV I dig it. I personally won't own an EV but looks cool.

"R3 starts between $35K–$40K and the R3X starts somewhere between $45K–$55K."
so well over 50k cnd for the r3. no thanks. i swear, if someone sold an ev for around 20k id be all over it for a commuter.

so well over 50k cnd for the r3. no thanks. i swear, if someone sold an ev for around 20k id be all over it for a commuter.

$20k... good one. The days of $20k brand new cars are over let alone EV's.

$20k... good one. The days of $20k brand new cars are over let alone EV's.

Misubishi and Nissan would like to have a word with you sir....

2024 Nissan Versa | $17,405
2024 Mitsubishi Mirage | $18,110

But you have to think the at least the EV prices are coming down closer to being on par with non-ev counterparts. Rivians main reveal yesterday? was the R2. A smaller SUV compared to the R1 and that was mentioned to be in the $45k and up. Which depending on the actual size of the R2, its somewhere in the ballpark to a CRV of upper trims.

The R3 starting at $35k is not far off from a high trim Civic.

Last edited:
i think closest you get right now is the now discontinued Chevy Bolt EUV, starting at 27

Good! **** EV's.
dunno about Canada but PA makes it actually difficult to pay your equivalent road tax since since im not putting gas in the car. I spent 40 min looking for the form and where to send my mileage report and failed to find either. I'll happily pay an equivalent road tax if they make it possible to do so

Just filled up my si for $90 cnd. Makes me feel old thinking about being 17 and filling up a tank of gas for under $40.

Any reason for the ev hate?
I'm joking. I'm not full EV hate.

Personally I don't have the ability to charge at work or at home. No parking pad/drive way. And before you or anyone asks.. I can't add one.

Gas vehicles work fine for my needs.

Anything you’ve found with it you’re not thrilled about?
i still love it, as long as i dont look at how hard mine and really all EVs are depreciating right now. But i get its really only a good option if you have cheap or free charging at work, or the ability to charge at home. I'm gearing up to do another road trip well beyond the single charge range but I'm not stressed about it this time.

Still waiting for info about when i can get an adapter for the tesla chargers some time supposedly this month, Android Auto OS is at times quirky but its really just a 5000lb android tablet

Back