Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Going back to 2001 in the Acura rsx (or 2006 in the civic) they’ve had about the same 200hp. They have bumped torque figures at least, but the cars are also bigger and heavier from 2001.

2001 Rsx type s : 2790 lbs
2006 civic si : 2877 lbs
2024 civic si : 2952 lbs

Going back to 2001 in the Acura rsx (or 2006 in the civic) they’ve had about the same 200hp. They have bumped torque figures at least, but the cars are also bigger and heavier from 2001.

2001 Rsx type s : 2790 lbs
2006 civic si : 2877 lbs
2024 civic si : 2952 lbs
Yeah. I don't get it. They should be 250 -300 by now.

I feel like the biggest thing is fuel economy numbers and emissions for Honda. They usually try to brag about those stats in press releases.

It's funny that they do a recall on this motor due to "machining debris" but they won't/haven't done a recall on the GR86/BRZ due to applying too much sealant on the oil pick up which will clog the oil pick up and in turn blow up the motor.

I take it since the motor is Subaru then they would be on the hook for the repairs?

It's funny that they do a recall on this motor due to "machining debris" but they won't/haven't done a recall on the GR86/BRZ due to applying too much sealant on the oil pick up which will clog the oil pick up and in turn blow up the motor.

I take it since the motor is Subaru then they would be on the hook for the repairs?
Maybe not enough failures to justify a recall?

Back