CIVIC 2012 FACTORY HEADUNIT LOC SUB ISSUES!!

BiigOunce

first post here so apologies if I’m a bit stupid anyway, I have a Honda civic 2012 sti sedan manual (trying to be specific as possible to help)

My friend and I have put together an LC7i, 4 channel amplifier and non-active subwoofer. We’ve wired it up for the most part correctly it’s neither one of our first times installing subwoofer systems, however it is our first time using a LOC to a factory head unit. I have an Alpine 4 channel amp (not sure specific model at the moment as I’m at work, also why I have limited photos)

Anyway it’s all wired up however I have absolutely no audio input or output, I’ve tried looking around forums and some suggest I need load resistors as some ‘smart’ newer radios don’t know the speakers are on, however my friend acknowledged the forums I was reading were about German cars.

The LC7i config it is currently set on is, auto mode = on (I have front and rear speakers only, the subwoofer is powered through amp which is connected VIA the remote out setting, not the 3rd output, part of me now believes maybe that’s my issue?), GTO = on, it is set to seperate on the other function that I forgot the name off, and the last setting is on ISO (instead of ground & 200OHM)

Aux, radio, BT, none of it works, my car works fine and functions, and my head unit has power along with the LC7i, but from what I can tell my amplifier has no power no lights or anything come on.

If anybody has any suggestions or maybe what I could be missing that would be awesome, I’m going to try and attach some photos after work to this thread in hopes it’ll stand out, unsure if videos can be posted.

this is the general layout at the moment:

Head unit —> LC7i (all speakers, remote in & out, power is spliced at the head unit harness) & (channel 1 FR & FL, channel 2 RR & RL, channel 3 empty, remote in from head unit, remote out goes to amplifier, ground goes to below centre console) —> Alpine Amp ( FR FL RR RL & SUBWOOFER with 3 sets of RCA cables (1 pair good quality, 2 pairs cheap quality) (Power for amplifier comes directly from battery with a 120ish amp fuse I believe)

Not sure what we are missing, maybe it’s the layout, maybe it’s that it is similar to the load resistor issue I read about, maybe I have spliced incorrectly where I have, unsure but at this point someone may have similar knowledge or have run into a similar issue and can help - I don’t have any photos ATM but if any specific photos are needed please let me know so I can share)

I wish I could be of more help, but I don’t know a ton about the audio system. I usually refer people to this thread regarding aftermarket audio/amps.

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/

I don’t know enough about your hardware you’re using, but this is repeated all over the site (and your si has the premium audio) : differential balanced output amps are required

=========

If you have the Premium sound option (Navi and Non-Navi), you must remove the factory amp. The factory amp is the cause of the horrible sound because of the built-in crossover frequencies inside the amp for the front, front tweeters, rear, and sub channel. You do not need an LOC because the outputs from the head unit are already a pre-amp line level output. Buy speaker wire-to-RCA adapters. You must use an amp that accepts differential balanced inputs because that is how the Premium sound is wired.

Hopefully something in this or the link above helps?

I wish I could be of more help, but I don’t know a ton about the audio system. I usually refer people to this thread regarding aftermarket audio/amps.

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/

I don’t know enough about your hardware you’re using, but this is repeated all over the site (and your si has the premium audio) : differential balanced output amps are required

=========

If you have the Premium sound option (Navi and Non-Navi), you must remove the factory amp. The factory amp is the cause of the horrible sound because of the built-in crossover frequencies inside the amp for the front, front tweeters, rear, and sub channel. You do not need an LOC because the outputs from the head unit are already a pre-amp line level output. Buy speaker wire-to-RCA adapters. You must use an amp that accepts differential balanced inputs because that is how the Premium sound is wired.

Hopefully something in this or the link above helps?
Hey thank you I appreciate the response it helps push me to figuring out what’s wrong, I’m gonna be doing some diagnosing tomorrow with my mate.

I don’t believe my car comes with the factory amp? It doesn’t have the stock subwoofer either but I may just totally be missing what the amp may look like.

I’ll continue to work on it tomorrow and hopefully have an update or some photos to help show the layout and possible things I might have mixed up

Hey thank you I appreciate the response it helps push me to figuring out what’s wrong, I’m gonna be doing some diagnosing tomorrow with my mate.

I don’t believe my car comes with the factory amp? It doesn’t have the stock subwoofer either but I may just totally be missing what the amp may look like.

I’ll continue to work on it tomorrow and hopefully have an update or some photos to help show the layout and possible things I might have mixed up
I’m just now realizing your account looks to be located outside North America? The civic is actually different in Europe, Australia etc from the US model. Almost everyone on this site is from the US or Canada since they share the same models. You will likely get more help from civinfo.com as they cater to the other countries. I should have looked at your location.

"but from what I can tell my amplifier has no power no lights or anything come on."

your amp isnt powering on ?

"but from what I can tell my amplifier has no power no lights or anything come on."

your amp isnt powering on ?
pretty sure the user has this civic based on their info, and it's entirely different from our model

1729890860080.png

civic 2012 sti sedan manual
which I'm guessing is supposed to say "VTI sedan", which is what Australia has. So, it could be this? Like the LX trim we have in north america without premium audio?

1729896954561.png

Back