2,4,6 gear grind

Wumbo

Ok so 4 days ago my car is starting to grind when i hit 2,4, or 6 gear. At first i thought i just wasn't shifting gears right so i was more careful switching gears, but the next day the same thing happened even though for sure I changed gears perfectly. Now it has gone worse because when i was cruising on the freeway while at 6th gear, it suddenly popped out of gear out of nowhere ....

I'm going to take my car to the dealership later today after work, but i was wondering anyone has any idea what is wrong with my car? I'm suspecting it's my hybrid racing shifter cable bushings or short shifter i installed, but i installed it a couple thousand miles ago.

Dealership said they couldn't find anything. When i put back my stock shifter back, the grinding stopped. I suspect it is because the short shifter wasnt able to shift all the way to gear hence why i will grind. Now my problem now is that the housing for the blue ball on the bottom of the shifter is crooked

did you follow the DIY's here on how to install them?

Yes i did. I am assuming it is because of my shifter cable base bushings I installed along with my short
shifter
Borrowed the original position of the housing from the DIY and the other is my housing as of right now

image.jpg image.jpg

Metal or Poly Bushings? Similar issue when I swapped mine out on my Evo. Poor lubrication was causing binding, which led to terrible shifting.

I got the hybrid racing bushings. We'll see when i check my bushings

Lubrication of what exactly?
Depending on the bushing type, some are two piece and made of brass, you'll need to throw a dab of white grease onto the outside area.

Or, seeing as how your shifters are very similar to mine, you may have over-tightened those two horizontal bolts holding the shifter down.

Back