2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

thanks for the response @squiggy . So while the PRL CAI is better, you said the SRI still makes power? Does it make more power over the stock air box?

Both will make more power over stock. The CAI will make the most gains. I am not sure on the numbers. With a little digging, you may be able to find them.

so Ive been reading and reading and reading on intakes. I was pretty set on the prl Sri because I fear of hydro lock with the cai.. But I'm debating now on the Rick spec intake since it's a 3.5 also but doesn't sit in the back of the engine bay or on the ground so to speak.. But I can't even find a place that sells it? I couldn't find it on importdps

Yea I read that earlier actually. I've been reading a lot on it.. I while back I wanted to believe that I read where he posted something about it only being 3-5hp loss with the prl Sri from the cai but I couldn't find it again.. That's why I was trying to look at that Rick spec. I also considered those covers with the Cai but haven't found much on them

Yeah my friend had that and the injen hydroshield it was pretty good

Well that's good to hear.. I was kinda thinking they may alter the gains from the Cai though?

Well I was going to run the hydroshield on my PRL CAI and I asked Vit he said there is no concrete info saying it makes you loose air flow but from what he has seeing probably do to the design of the shield.

Yea that's what I was thinking and that bypass valve probably does a little too so I figured I'd about break even. I'm considering trying that weapon r intake tho. I haven't seen anybody try it. Jake lxer ordered it but his is a 1.8

Yeah I guess the only difference would be that you would be sucking in cold air versus the hot engine bay heat, I personally think with the valve and shield would still be more beneficial with the CAI over the SRI.

Yea.. Hard choice :( did you see that weapon r intake ? I'm guessing it sits like any other Sri but it has piping that runs to the front also

Yeah my friend had one in his R18, he switched over to a CAI though because the filter still sat in the back/heat.

thought it might.. It comes with a pipe to run to the front that should help a little bit

Anyone know of any drop-in filters that aren't K&N for 9th gen Si's? or anyone have any experience with AFE's Magnum FLOW Pro Dry S Filters? Looking for drop-in filter options.

Back