2012 Civic Jackson Racing Supercharger

Received a response back from Jackson Racing:

Kevin,

It is great to hear of your interest in a Jackson Racing supercharger system.

We are considering a system for the 2012 Civic Si, but have not started any development at this time.

Regards,

Jackson Racing Saleswww.jacksonracing.com

That's good to hear a confirmation. How long does a super charger usually last and what's the maintenance one one. I drive about 23,000 a year and a lot in town.

They're very easy to maintain and can last quite a while. A blower can be taken off an rebuilt/ported also when needed. As far as reliable forced induction goes, I think super chargers take the cake.

Any more word on this kit since April?

yeah ive done the turbo thing b4 now i think ill do the s/c route more reliable and u get boost from start to reline plus weather wont really affect it lol....when my 91 da was turboed and it was about 95 degrees or higher it ran like !@#$% lol i was better off riding my bike around when i was really hot lol

reliability i suppose then cause i know theres alot more dat can go wrong with a turbo kit and have to keep an eye on it alil more ..
alot more componants

SC is not immune to heat soak. Heck, you can read about it on stock vehicles like corvette zr1, audi rs4, mercedes amg vehicles.....

yeah dats tru i just thought they'd be alil better than turbo when it comes to heatsoak

Aftercooler will solve most of the heatsoak issues in regards to intake charge. I'd almost bet Jose could easily adopt his design into a 2012 blower manifold. (Assuming they'll (Jackson) still be using an Eaton MP62 with their kit - Though I'm sure he could still make something for other blowers, as he's done in the past)

www.mercracing.net

I've called Jackson racing two days ago, and they said they're not working on a s/c. :/

wha?? They talked to me in email and said they were. Might be time to see if I can get an update on what happened if they really aren't?

Their response to me

We are still looking to do the 2012 Civic Si, but there are several projects already in process that must be completed ahead of 9th Gen Civic. There must have been some confusion over the phone.
Regards,
Jackson Racing Sales

Damn I just noticed that I've been hitting them up since April 24th, thank you Webby for the update

Back