2012 CRV Teaser Photo Released

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2012 CRV Teaser Photo Released

With spy shots popping up on our radar at least twice in the past few months, we've been anticipating the arrival of a new Honda CR-V. And now the solitary image above has been circulating around these interwebs, reportedly giving us an advance look at the show car that will preview the new production model.

In typical Honda fashion, the purported concept vehicle pictured above appears to be a slightly jazzed-up version of the production CR-V expected to debut shortly. When it does enter production in Ohio and Ontario, it will likely lose the showy jumbo wheels, smoked headlamps, tinted windows and high-gloss lower body cladding, but otherwise, what you see is likely what you'll get.

Mechanically, the new crossover is expected to pick up largely where the outgoing model leaves off, but with a few important changes. Though the 2.4-liter engine – driving either the front wheels or optionally all four – could get a slight adjustment in output and efficiency, it is tipped to ditch its five-speed mate for a new six-speed automatic. The longer form also looks ready to adopt an extra pair of jump-seats in the back for seven-person capacity, but thus far, that's just a rumor.

We'll have to wait for further information from Honda to know for sure, but if the shot above turns out to be legit, we could be looking at a very stylish new CR-V indeed.

booo....I was posting the pic in the spy photo thread but it locked up on me when trying to post the pic. :giggle:

• Staff
:bighug: "A" for effort

how do you feel about this pic?

Def nice....too bad the front, black "body kit" section, mirrors, and silver roof things wont make it. Wheels too....

• Staff
I would just imagine the black area would turn to a matte-ish black, instead of the gloss.

BTW....where do concept vehicles go? Honda concepct vehicle museum?

I would just imagine the black area would turn to a matte-ish black, instead of the gloss.

Correct you are....but def not as aggresive. Front prob won't be as aggresive either. The general "shape" is there, just have to wait and see.

Can see the silver part of the grill, good thing if they do it right. Wonder how gargantuant the H is going to be, lol.

2012_honda_cr_v_spy_shots_100356421_l.sized.jpg

• Staff
I'm not sure where the concepts go to be honest. I've never really looked into it

wonder if that door molding on the black pic is just there to confuse the shape more. It's not on the 1st pic

Back