2012 Honda civic lx noise

AE94

new to the forum, but I have a quick question. When I put the car in drive and have my foot on the brake say at a stoplight or stop sign I hear this humming almost shake by the driver side. But as I let off the brake and speed up it goes away, it only happens when the car is in drive. And I've seen the threads about the ac fan making noise and it does it with and without the ac turned on. I recently got this car I used to have an 06 civic and never heard this. And I also just made an appointment to get it checked at the honda dealer. Any idea what it is?

Where does the noise come from? You mentioned the AC/Heater fan. Is the noise coming from in the dash?

Yeah in the dash but I can feel it vibrating the steering wheel. It's almost like a rattle, when I drive it sounds like it's coming from the left side of the car

We have that in both our 8th gens. It might not be exactly the same but both our cars get a weird vibration noise from what sounds like inside the drivers front fender that reaches up into the dash. Never been able to find it and it doesn't always do it. Which is great for trying to show someone to help with it. It goes away once we are moving but yea, at a stop it "sometimes" is there. ~95k on both cars, it's never caused a problem, just annoying.

Yup that's it for sure, mine has 37k I'm coming to believe it's just the way the car runs. because the car runs nearly perfect other than that. I'm glad to hear it hasnt cause problem, the dealership will be my answer

Had a strange experience with the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. For some reason the tolerances were so bad that the vane inside the vent shook around when the vent got cold. Took forever to finally figure out the issue, much less show a service writer. Got replaced under warranty in my case. Might as well check the vents.

Back